By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - No videogames found in VT shooter's dorm

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/19/no-video-games-found-in-vt-shooters-dorm/

"After police searched Cho's dorm room, however, it seems he didn't own any video games at all. No murder simulators or gun training programs, not even a copy of Tetris."

Surprise!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

On a side note, I'm thinking of buying an "I Hate Jack Thompson" t-shirt from ThinkGeek...

I'm not a hateful person normally, and I'm not violent at all...but man do people like Jack Thompson piss me off.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
On a side note, I'm thinking of buying an "I Hate Jack Thompson" t-shirt from ThinkGeek...

I'm not a hateful person normally, and I'm not violent at all...but man do people like Jack Thompson piss me off.

He's an attention whore. Even that is what he want's, as he cal lie those shirts prove him right.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I hate Thompson and think he's completely wrong. That being said, to fight him you have to be intellectually honest as possible. The report didn't include an analysis of the hard drive nor the catalog of the boxes of cds. I'm not saying that they will find anything there, but it's too early tell. To draw conclusions at this point would be no better than what Thompson is doing.

It's so bizarre though...he acts like some sort of saint, by trying to ban violent videogames and whatnot, but all he ever does is completely badmouth all gamers and anybody who doesn't agree with him...he's more "violent" than any of us it seems.  Somebody who immediately calls tens of millions of gamers "pinheads" and such should not be allowed on talk shows and the news, posing as a "school shooting expert."

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Around the Network

http://www.thelastboss.com/post.phtml?pk=2660

Take Two has successfully filed a restraining order against Jack Thompson!  I don't think it's enough to stop him yet, but hopefully it'll shut him up.  If not, then hopefully someone takes more action.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

If you buy a "I hate JT" t-shirt, you are only going to feed his attention-whoring needs - not just that, you will also be freely publicizing his name.

Gamers hate him, but those not in the know may just look him up, agree with his stance, and lobby for him (you know, like moral majority America, which is... you know, a majority). 

I'm not going to get a t-shirt...it just sucks with things like this, because he's one of these people who don't listen to reason.  I disagree with plenty of political figures, but they actually have brains.

The thing is, the majority of America doesn't know who he is, so when he goes on the news spewing out his theories, many people just gobble it up.  If the general public was made aware that his accusations are completely false, he wouldn't have any more room to talk.

But I guess ignoring him will work too... 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Maybe instead of having a "I hate JT" shirt, they should have a "I'd CounterStrike his ass" t-shirt, complete with headshot frag and all, or at least a sniper scope aimed smack in the middle of his forehead - now THAT I'd buy...

I'd get that too hehe...although I'm not sure he'd still whine about it if it got popular.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM