By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - A Modest Proposal to solve the illegal immigration problem in the United States.

If the United States can reduce its standard of living to below that of Mexico and other poor nations, then people will stop coming to it illegally.  Just structure the legal and tax code to make the Gini coefficient even more like a third-world nation, and the problem will be solved.

Around the Network

The reason illegal immigrants are unwanted is BECAUSE they lower the living standard of the US/Germany/etc.

Your joke is stupid.

Isn't it amazing that, in the era where the size and influence of government has expanded at unprecedented levels and the level of "social spending" by the government has reached record levels, the income inequality is also approaching record levels?

HappySqurriel said:
Isn't it amazing that, in the era where the size and influence of government has expanded at unprecedented levels and the level of "social spending" by the government has reached record levels, the income inequality is also approaching record levels?

The initial separation started to happen right after America got off the gold standard.  The second time happened right after the Reagan tax cuts kicked in.  After NAFTA kicked in, that killed off agriculture in Mexico and drove workers into the United States.  And since the Bush tax cuts have kicked in, private sector job creation has nosedived.

Dr.Grass said:
The reason illegal immigrants are unwanted is BECAUSE they lower the living standard of the US/Germany/etc.

Your joke is stupid.

The argument against it is that they are breaking the rules.  If you say any other reason, then you are seen as being xenophobic.  Anyhow, do I need to put what I wrote in a different font or something?

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
Dr.Grass said:

Your joke is stupid.

The argument against it is that they are breaking the rules.  If you say any other reason, then you are seen as being xenophobic.  Anyhow, do I need to put what I wrote in a different font or something?

Wait. What? Were you being serious in your OP?

spurgeonryan said:
Make it legal. There problem solved, they are not illegals anymore.

Or just shoot Mexico into space.

richardhutnik said:

If the United States can reduce its standard of living to below that of Mexico and other poor nations, then people will stop coming to it illegally.  Just structure the legal and tax code to make the Gini coefficient even more like a third-world nation, and the problem will be solved.

Oh, believe, you wouldn't like to live like a third-world nation.

richardhutnik said:
Dr.Grass said:

Your joke is stupid.

Well just because people play the xenophobic card doesn't mean other arguments are valid. It just means calling you racist is easy.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Dr.Grass said:
richardhutnik said:
Dr.Grass said:

Your joke is stupid.

Wait. What? Were you being serious in your OP?

Just consider it a modest proposal.

Edit: Apparently this wording wasn't picked up by anyone. I could of commented also about people being swift, but that wouldn't of clicked either.

So, for info on A Modest Proposal, go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal