By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Tea Party and Jesus

I found this interesting website and it made me think about what Jesus would do if he heard what his fellow Christians were saying about other human beings.

Tea Party Jesus

What do you guys think about the site and the quotes? Did you already know who some of the quotes were attributed to?

Around the Network

Yeah, Ghandi was quoted as laying something along the lines of " your christ, I like. Your christians, not so much."
Ignorant christians are an embarrassment to other Christians as well and annoy us just as much as they do to the athiests, muslims, and everybody elses of the world.
I don't think jesus would agree with some of the stances such as water-boarding, but I mean, we aren't jesus. Peace is perfection, but I don't think that's going to happen. Therefore a flawed world demands a likewise response. A lot of the other stuff, such as the part about white America or whatever reclaiming their rightful place is just flaming. Sure, maybe some believe it (okay, quite a few), but I do not think that's a main concern with the non-racist actors of the tea party, lol. My main man Herman (for better or worse) can attest to this as he had sizeable support. I mean, people didn't care about his race, they cared that he had a plan when the other candidates were only saying "god bless the greatest country on the face of the earth forever infinity" or whatever fakeness they spewed. That's just my opinion though, and before anybody says anything, yes Herman's plan wasn't what a lot of people wanted, but it was a plan nonetheless and it forced the other candidate's hands so overall it was an excellent thing. I'm really tired and I feel as though I didn't get my entire point out there... But say la vee or whatever in french.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Some of it is a bit funny, I guess, but it all wears thin the thousandth time you've seen the "LOL CONSERVATIVES AND THEIR JESUS" routine. I'm tempted to do a tumblr with Jesus quoting leftists like Nancy Pelosi ("My favorite word is the Word, is the Word. And that is everything. It says it all for us. And you know the biblical reference, you know the Gospel reference of the Word. And, uh, that… Word is, uh, we have to give voice to what that means in terms of public policy that would be in keeping with the values of the Word. The Word. Isn’t it a beautiful word when you think of it? It just covers everything. The Word. Fill, you know, fill it in with anything you want.") and Jeremiah Wright ("You are not now, nor have you ever been, nor will you ever be a brother to white folk.")

Uh, what about any of these people is supposed to be related to the Tea party.

I mean Rush Limbaugh and Newt Gingrich?

As for the third quote...  I don't think fits the theme of the joke when you know the context.

Strategyking92 said:
. A lot of the other stuff, such as the part about white America or whatever reclaiming their rightful place is just flaming.

Not actually a quote about Race.  It's a quote by Newt Gingrich about how 80% of America (Well 76% if we want to be technical) should rise up against the "overly politically correct" to allow things like prayer in schools and churches on military bases.

Full quote

Now the good news for all of you is you represent the vast majority. Ninety percent of the country believes the words of the Founding Fathers are relevant today. Eighty-five or ninety percent actually believes - over ninety percent of the country believes young people should be allowed to have a moment of silent prayer every morning. The country overwhelmingly believes that "one nation under God" should remain in the Pledge of Allegiance.

But we have allowed ourselves to be bullied, harassed, intimidated, and dominated by a tiny elite using the courts, using the news media, using the entertainment community, using the bureaucracy to coerce the American people against their will. It is fundamentally anti-freedom, fundamentally anti-democratic and the core meaning of the 2012 is to stand up and say "no, the eighty percent of the country that actually believes in classical America is now about to take back power from the minority elite."

Around the Network

Yeah, people assume Conservatives are crazy but they accept a man if he proves his worth,

And thus Jesus speaketh unto Occupy: "Get a job loser".

You know, that doesn't quite resonate right for some reason. That may be in the gospel of Newt.

lordmandeep said:
Yeah, people assume Conservatives are crazy but they accept a man if he proves his worth,

Like with all ideologically driven people, those who hold different ideologies is someone that is agreeable.  Individuals like George Soros, Michael Moore or even Ben and Jerry aren't accepted, because what they believe disagrees with what they hold as being true.

Many forget Jesus most infamous quote

""You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

His idea, was to eliminate evil by being good...

Here is the most agreeable quote and everyone believes in this kind of a message
"So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

and

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.""

and this well known one about being greedy...

""And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?"

Overall Jesus was not hateful or vengeful at all.

Kasz216 said:
Strategyking92 said:
. A lot of the other stuff, such as the part about white America or whatever reclaiming their rightful place is just flaming.

Not actually a quote about Race.  It's a quote by Newt Gingrich about how 80% of America (Well 76% if we want to be technical) should rise up against the "overly politically correct" to allow things like prayer in schools and churches on military bases.

Full quote

Now the good news for all of you is you represent the vast majority. Ninety percent of the country believes the words of the Founding Fathers are relevant today. Eighty-five or ninety percent actually believes - over ninety percent of the country believes young people should be allowed to have a moment of silent prayer every morning. The country overwhelmingly believes that "one nation under God" should remain in the Pledge of Allegiance.

But we have allowed ourselves to be bullied, harassed, intimidated, and dominated by a tiny elite using the courts, using the news media, using the entertainment community, using the bureaucracy to coerce the American people against their will. It is fundamentally anti-freedom, fundamentally anti-democratic and the core meaning of the 2012 is to stand up and say "no, the eighty percent of the country that actually believes in classical America is now about to take back power from the minority elite."

oh, well that's completely different from what I thought it was insinuating, then.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive