By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - White Hosue/Congress - trading stocks on inside info. - and it's legal

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57323527/congress-trading-stock-on-inside-information

Congressmen makes $174K a year, and yet when they leave the job, they are multi-millionaires.  a-holes.

Schweizer: For example insider trading on the stock market. If you are a member of Congress, those laws are deemed not to apply.

Congress knew that the Dow Jones meltdown was coming - made adjustments to their investments to make money.

Some involved in the Obamacare, invested in companies that send patients to foreign countries for surgeries and made millions.

Schweizer's (Hoover Institute from Stanford) book is called "Throw them all out" - maybe will read it.

Read the whole article if you want to get mad.  

There are examples of both democrats and republicans who writes bills and invest accordingly to make money.

Wonder how much they make off pharmaceuticals when they enforce mandatory vaccinations.      

f**k

Around the Network

Crawl back to Siberia, commie, with your red propaganda. Making money is not a crime.

Yeah, it's funny stuff... and some people don't think politicians are the problem.

I was reading about this a week or so back. It's terrible stuff.

There's a bill going through Congress right now that'll place limits on trading by congressional members, but I doubt it'll go though at this time:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bill-to-ban-insider-trading-in-congress-is-suddenly-popular/2011/11/30/gIQAn193DO_story.html

Meanwhile if I do the same thing...

Such bullshit if you ask me.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Meanwhile if I do the same thing...

Such bullshit if you ask me.

I don't know anyone who would claim otherwise.

One example

Dennis Hastert (speak of the House 1999 -2007)
in that period of time, he made over $11m.