By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor - Gears to go Star Wars?

Well the latest rumor coming out over the web is that the next Gears game might not be a sequal to Gears 3. In fact it would appear Epic Games might be following good ol Goerge Lucas's hat trick and Gears 4 could be Gears 1. A prequel  word is this prequel will be part of a new trilogy. Another interesting tid bit is according to the rumor the series will not be helmed by the current Gears team rather it will be moved to one of Epic's newer studios People Can Fly the developers of Bullet Storm.

The source of the rumor is reportedly Official Xbox Magazine and it will be featured in the upcoming issue.

Personally I am psyched I would love a prequel trilogy or even a prequel showing the world and how it got to Gears of War's story arc. Also the rumors of Gears going to PlayStation were already denied by CliffyB but this further fact that its OXM that is the supposed source further solidifies the fact that Gears is likely to remain Microsoft exclusive. Many in the gaming press have speculated the Gears team is now working on something new, could Microsoft have another brand new IP coming from Epic for the Next-Box?

Source

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Nice op.

Yeah would love for Gears prequel. Also Bulletstorm is this years best shooter behind Halo anniversary. So People Can Fly have my support.

Also with the rumours again that Epic are working closely on the nextbox with Microsoft providing valuable feedback like they did with the 360, predict more and more Epic Microsoft new ip exclusives. I would make Epic 2nd party if I was M$.

selnor said:
Nice op.

Yeah would love for Gears prequel. Also Bulletstorm is this years best shooter behind Halo anniversary. So People Can Fly have my support.

Also with the rumours again that Epic are working closely on the nextbox with Microsoft providing valuable feedback like they did with the 360, predict more and more Epic Microsoft new ip exclusives. I would make Epic 2nd party if I was M$.

Aren't they already 2nd party...with the amount of exclusive stuff they do for MS?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=137029&page=1#

Already posted.

Will it suck bad like the Star Wars prequels did?