By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Retailers appear to be a lot trickier this time. (BF discussion)

Level1Death said:
Black Friday was always a scam.

Very true, and I love your short answer lol

Around the Network

The sales were hard to find out? They have ads you know. It's not the stores fault you didn't do your research. They have sites like bfads.net you could check on ur phone. Just make a list of what u want and how much it is. It's not that hard really. Even though all the chaos you can find the stuff.

The easiest thing for black Friday at target is to buy everything the 2 days before and have the store price match the items on Friday.

The only thing black Friday scams u out of is your time waiting in line. That's why I can get everything I want and don't waste time in line.

Are you fucking kidding me man? You make $500 a month and then go and spend $1000 on Black Friday alone? I SINCERELY hope you don't get any aid from Canada, because clearly you have plenty of extra money to just throw around at worthless things.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
Are you fucking kidding me man? You make $500 a month and then go and spend $1000 on Black Friday alone? I SINCERELY hope you don't get any aid from Canada, because clearly you have plenty of extra money to just throw around at worthless things.

lol I don't buy almost anything all year round, no movies no games till Black Friday.

I'm sorry I actually spend my money wisely. While everyone else goes and buys there movies at full price when they come out, or there games I save and wait for Black Friday.

As I said in other posts about being poor, you learn to save and wait for the sales. Considering there are plenty of others here who claim to be poor like I do and resort to stealing, at least I buy my stuff.

As for my Government assistence, yes I do recieve Government assistance that is my 500$ a month. If I choose to save up or go in debt with that I have every right. I use my money to survive so rather then eating out or going to movies (For more then 2$) or renting movies or getting Netflix or buying games/movies I save and I go all out on Black Friday and Boxing Day.

Also this is the first winter I am completely unemployed, but I have a job interview this week and the guy said its a formality he's already talked to all my references and needs me to start soon. He wanted me to come in next week but my license expired and is getting renewed.

Anyways I figured since I pretty much have a job and I haven't spent much if anything all year. Yes I would go all out on Black Friday.

P.S- Not in this one case where I was shopping in America, but every dime I make goes straight back into the Canadian economy which employ's all the Canadians who pay taxes which in turn help people like me. If you knew what most poor people spend their money on regardless of whether they recieve help or not you wouldn't make comments like that. In fact between the cigerettes, alcohol and drugs I am pretty much a perfect example of what someone should do when they are accepting aid. Spend each dime to get the most out of it, help the local economy, donate to charities and volunteer in the community.

I would say I contribute almost as much to the community as any man who works, I volunteer with disabled children and other disabled people. I help prisoners in prison and upon release in rehabilitation, I work with the youth and volunteer when I can with the homeless and the other less fortunate. I also just got hired to do more youth ministry in the poorer parts of the city I live in. I am also a volunteer with an organization that provides security for charity work.

I'm sorry but I do not leech off society. I do not resort to crimes and while I did got bat shit today its because I wait all year to buy the stuff I want.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Couple of things:
-Fuck credit cards. If you don't NEED to use them, don't use them. If I can't buy something straight up, I don't buy it. You end up paying for ages on something that you've already gotten bored with and most of the time, you end up paying much more do to interest, online fees, late fees, etc. I bought a TV once and ended up paying almost twice as much for it when all was said and done (paid the minimum and was late a couple of times--sometimes I'd pay online on the day it was due and I'd STILL get hit with a late fee!).

-posting from a phone sucks. I'll go into detail about the purpose of Black Friday when I get to my PC.

Frankly, I am quite surprised people do not have to smarts to pay the credit card bill by the next month.

Lol  a lot of people think there is no interest charged, like my friend lol!

Joelcool7 said:

lol I don't buy almost anything all year round, no movies no games till Black Friday.

I'm sorry I actually spend my money wisely. While everyone else goes and buys there movies at full price when they come out, or there games I save and wait for Black Friday.

As I said in other posts about being poor, you learn to save and wait for the sales. Considering there are plenty of others here who claim to be poor like I do and resort to stealing, at least I buy my stuff.

As for my Government assistence, yes I do recieve Government assistance that is my 500$ a month. If I choose to save up or go in debt with that I have every right. I use my money to survive so rather then eating out or going to movies (For more then 2$) or renting movies or getting Netflix or buying games/movies I save and I go all out on Black Friday and Boxing Day.

Also this is the first winter I am completely unemployed, but I have a job interview this week and the guy said its a formality he's already talked to all my references and needs me to start soon. He wanted me to come in next week but my license expired and is getting renewed.

Anyways I figured since I pretty much have a job and I haven't spent much if anything all year. Yes I would go all out on Black Friday.

P.S- Not in this one case where I was shopping in America, but every dime I make goes straight back into the Canadian economy which employ's all the Canadians who pay taxes which in turn help people like me. If you knew what most poor people spend their money on regardless of whether they recieve help or not you wouldn't make comments like that. In fact between the cigerettes, alcohol and drugs I am pretty much a perfect example of what someone should do when they are accepting aid. Spend each dime to get the most out of it, help the local economy, donate to charities and volunteer in the community.

I would say I contribute almost as much to the community as any man who works, I volunteer with disabled children and other disabled people. I help prisoners in prison and upon release in rehabilitation, I work with the youth and volunteer when I can with the homeless and the other less fortunate. I also just got hired to do more youth ministry in the poorer parts of the city I live in. I am also a volunteer with an organization that provides security for charity work.

I'm sorry but I do not leech off society. I do not resort to crimes and while I did got bat shit today its because I wait all year to buy the stuff I want.

Yes, you can spend the money however you want, but you know what the MAJOR problem with that is?

The reason you are getting this money is because you are in need of financial help.  You need money to help you purchase food, shelter, and clothing (and the other major necessities, granted I don't get how $500 gets you even this).  A lot of people who pay tax (myself included) really have no problem helping somebody out who is in financial trouble (for a certain amount of time, obviously).

This money is provided so you can get through life and be able to purchase the necessities.

$1,000 of movies, video games, electronics, etc. is NOT necessities.  The idea behind providing this kind of money is that it is not intended to be used on these products.  Clearly, you only need to be getting about $400 a month, because taxpayers should NOT be paying to purchase your video games.

Yes, it is absolutely wonderful that you volunteer a lot, and I think it is awesome that you are willing to do this since you do not have a job (you made it sound as if you more or less do after your interview, nice work ), but that doesn't mean money being provided to you by the government and paid for by taxpayers meant for life essentials should be spent on $1000 of movies, games, electronics, and other stuff.

well using that logic people should get less welfare ^^^

lordmandeep said:
well using that logic people should get less welfare ^^^

Welfare should be used for the absolute essentials and that is it.

It is utter bullshit that my tax money is going towards "poor" people buying electronics and other unnecessary things.