By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you're a bit of a fanboy towards a console, nearing the end of this geneation, would you consider picking up the rival console for the best exclusives?

Well, would you? Fan-boy!!

Yes 50 27.47%

No 60 32.97%

If it's cheap enough and... 72 39.56%

Total:182

Hell no, i own a PS3/Wii and a PC that kinda sucks, but the truth of the matter is beside Gears there is no actual exclusives on 360 that I want. Kinect is cool, but i will get bored with it in a week just like i got bored of the whole motion thing Wii did in the same time frame. Not paying for online just....no

Around the Network

I would like the Halo games and the Gears of War games just to see what all the fuss was about.

I've always been a Nintendo fanboy and though I own my Wii awesome times even today, I've got to admit that buying a PS3 as a second console played pretty well for me. Actually, as a Nintendo fanboy I've got to admit that PS3 is my favourite console this gen.
I'm no interested in no game x360 can offer me but Tales of Vesperia and Allan Wake: I can live without them and that's what I'll do. I do have a nice PC and I'm planning on updating it prior to any new console. Thanks to it I have enjoyed Mass Effect games (main reason for buying my ATI HD 5750), Dragon Age Origins superior pc version and The Witcher 2, which is coming as a console exclusive to X360 (I would care for it if I hadn't had a pc).

I'm towards Nintendo on this generation, however I own a PS3 just for the sake of the name (PSX,PS2 were both amazing consoles)
If the exclusives catches my eyes, no matter the price I will buy another console, no matter the company. For example I would buy Xbox360 IF it had one or two more exclusives that I really want to play (right now only have Alan Wake)

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

I'm a big Halo fan, and bought the 360. I didn't buy any other consoles because the Wii was to casual in my opinion (ok there some nice games) and the PS3 had a weak line up at the beginning. When the PS3's exclusives got better I thought about buying one, but meh...
Now I'm quite happy with the 360, because most of the games are multiplat anyway. I'm gonna wait for next generation to think about other consoles. I'm not a big MS fan so the nextbox isn't set ;)

Around the Network

well im console agnostic, i have no brand loyalty, so i always go where the games are.
and the past 2 gens have so happened to be Sony PlayStation, before that it was Nintendo 64, and NES, gameboy advance, and DS.

but right now i cant picture myself picking up a wii, because it literally has no games that interest me, and i cant really see myself getting an xbox because it would just be too expensive,$300 for the system, $60/yr online, and really theres only like less than 5 games for it that interest me, that i cant get on my PS3 (or PC). (Gears 1, 2, 3, Alan Wake)

No. The reason I don't own that other system is because it sucks. If it sucked for full price, it'll suck when it's cheap.

I am a Nintendo fanboy, and I would never support, buy, etc... other consoles

At the end of the day there are a handful of Wii games and quite a few notable DS games i passed over. Hell, i'm still pondering Dead or Alive Dimensions in my mind, and that's even on the shortlived 3DS, as well as a bunch of VC games i could get into if i really felt lost...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I've played most X360 games, so no. I could try to play a couple Wii games through an emulator or look into a different Nintendo console Gamecube or WiiU where most of the same games Nintendo releases gen after gen are on anyway.