By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Syria, the outcome!

these are the kind of things that makes me wonder what's the UN for? isn't it suppossed to adress this issue?what have they done after the protests started 6 months ago?nothing...i lost faith on UN already. power rules the world just like before 1945

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
No easy way out, and Egyptians got trolled.. hard. Depressing bs.

Could u elaborate on that?

I tried to write something coherent several times but I end up deleting... My "political" Vocabs is severly limiting.

Briefly, the military council is doing a very lousy job. Postponing Hosni, his party members and his sons' "civilian" trials for no clear reasons. Using "military" trials (irony) to try 12.000 civilians , many of them are political prisnors, and denying them the right to appeals.

No clear timetable for the transition of power to a democratically elected government, according to the militry council, the elections may have to wait till May 2013.... Delaying the parliament elections doesn't help either.

Angry Egyptians held another million-man march across the country last Friday to express their frustation, thousands decided to go on a strike in Tahrir and the police handled the situation so poorly, just like they did last January, 5 dead and over 700 injured the last 2 days.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not in support of dictators, but:

1: Libya is a broken country and infrastructure now.
2: Egypt is worse than ever, and riots & protests have started again.

And Syria isn't in a similar position, the only way to possible end the violence soon, is for the protesters to give up, Assad isn't going to give up his power.

frankly to expect peaceful western liberal democracies in such places is silly.

Most likley they will become democratic dictatorships.

Slimebeast said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Around the Network
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
Slimebeast said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

(video clip)

Looks like Streets of Rage 2.

jonager said:
these are the kind of things that makes me wonder what's the UN for? isn't it suppossed to adress this issue?what have they done after the protests started 6 months ago?nothing...i lost faith on UN already. power rules the world just like before 1945

I'm glad you've woke up.  UN has been useless since I was born man, and probably before that as well.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

i want to see turkey start attacking syrian government forces rather than continuing to terrorize the kurds.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

you know every time i see 1 of your threads i get tired just before i see your name and just have that urge to not read, but i do cause its you JC lol.

seems i've crawled back into the lions den after being out for 3 to 5 months. well i look at it like this. the Americans fought the revolutionary war with help from France, the American indian war with no help, and the civil war with the Indians. well on the confederate side anyway and this is a civil war so i say stay out of it, let thousands die, and hope they've learned there lesson in the end.

lol I always laugh when people expect the UN to do anything...

Syria will be a bloody affair no matter what...

However NATO intervening would not be a good idea.