By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 7 Thread

Tagged games:

Galaki said:
lestatdark said:
Rainbow Road

I either do really good or really poor on it. All the falling tend to happen in batches.

It's probably also because I don't memorize any tracks, though.

I'm talking about people actually going off track in front of me and appearing as if they never did fall and some even gain speed boosts. Don't know how to pull that.

OT - It's official: Today i'm on a frigging bad luck streak >_<. Getting all the possible worst outcomes when being hit is not healthy

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Why isn't mirror mode available online? I'd like to be able to pick those to mess up people that memorize the tracks :)

Galaki said:
Why isn't mirror mode available online? I'd like to be able to pick those to mess up people that memorize the tracks :)

I've been racing on mirror mode tracks for quite a while. It always happen with high VR people though.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Galaki said:

I've been racing on mirror mode tracks for quite a while. It always happen with high VR people though.

You could pick mirror mode? Didn't know that. Didn't spend enough time online yet.

Galaki said:
lestatdark said:
Galaki said:

You could pick mirror mode? Didn't know that. Didn't spend enough time online yet.

Haven't been able to pick it myself, I only found it randomly. 

Current PC Build

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
I love it when I race against people online on Rainbow Road and they seem to fall of the stage and never do fall >_>. WTH is up with that?

Lag.

hackles said:
lestatdark said:
I love it when I race against people online on Rainbow Road and they seem to fall of the stage and never do fall >_>. WTH is up with that?

Lag.

Yeah, kinda figured that out, but some of them even get speed boosts after seemingly fall of the stage as if the were jumping of a ramp or something and they didn't have a mushroom with them.

Oddly, most of the players I found like that were Jap players, though I did race against a French one (Nico) who never appeared in the race and always managed to win, he was like a ghost XD.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

Yup; it's lag. And it's very annoying, especially when you're aiming with green shells (I'm deadly with those, BTW . Why didn't Nintendo put an option to race regional this time? When playing with many Japanese players the lag is anbearable almost.

So, I should try playing on 3G and win with lag?

Galaki said:
So, I should try playing on 3G and win with lag?

3G is the blue shell of internet connection for MK7. A permanent blue shell

@routsounmanman - The three green shells combo is a deadly one on races where there's no lag involved. Myself, I love the three bananas or the Bo-omb. I can aim that bastard like a boss xD. 

Current PC Build