By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One FULL SPECS (January 24, 2014)

The Beyond3D is pointing to a custom GPU that can handle graphics and compute at the same time in all CUs without lost performance.

Around the Network

I guess there in lies the CPU RAM latency solution.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Good stuff ethomaz. Definitely a cross-breed GPU with GCN and GCN2 stuff and I think a brilliant move of Sony to allow a "wrapper" API to increase flexibility and developer ease of use.

superchunk said:
Good stuff ethomaz. Definitely a cross-breed GPU with GCN and GCN2 stuff and I think a brilliant move of Sony to allow a "wrapper" API to increase flexibility and developer ease of use.

I like the "wrapper" API too but I think the big dogs (NG, SM, GG, etc) will use only "the absolute low-level API".

More work, less flexybility = better results

Seems like great look exclusives.

Just wanted to point out that the recent chatter on neXtBox is that its very similar, but slightly lower in specs to the PS4... just like what we've had in this OP for months.

Around the Network

Today's neXtBox chatter seems to confirm price range and release date of November 2013.

As well as unfortunately more info that it will require online connect to function.

However, I still think Sony won't be that much different even though everyone is assuming otherwise.

Well latest leak from VGLeaks gives good info on a few rumors for neXtBox.

1) the rumored 2nd box is actually the X360 mini type device without a Disc Drive and THAT is what would require the internet connection to work as it is a set-top device similar to an GoogleTV or AppleTV PLUS it would allow backwards compatibility to the X360 on the neXtBox.

2) the rumor for a required connection to play games was not really true in that only refers to the new x360mini stated above and not Durango itself. Its also not apparently a DRM type enforcement or blocking used games.

Interesting stuff, unfortunately doesn't affect my OP really. I'll wait for more info on this x360 mini and I have yet to add anything regarding the online DRM rumor.

Will be interesting to see this all wrap up and come to a reveal over the next few weeks.

superchunk said:
Well latest leak from VGLeaks gives good info on a few rumors for neXtBox.

1) the rumored 2nd box is actually the X360 mini type device without a Disc Drive and THAT is what would require the internet connection to work as it is a set-top device similar to an GoogleTV or AppleTV PLUS it would allow backwards compatibility to the X360 on the neXtBox.

2) the rumor for a required connection to play games was not really true in that only refers to the new x360mini stated above and not Durango itself. Its also not apparently a DRM type enforcement or blocking used games.

Interesting stuff, unfortunately doesn't affect my OP really. I'll wait for more info on this x360 mini and I have yet to add anything regarding the online DRM rumor.

Will be interesting to see this all wrap up and come to a reveal over the next few weeks.

Well good on MS! Seems like they still have a chance of winning this gen then... I bet this 360mini is to test the market and see if people are ready for always connected next gen...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

PS4 rumour: 1gb reserved for OS/Background tasks, devs have access to 7gb

Andrespetmonkey said:

PS4 rumour: 1gb reserved for OS/Background tasks, devs have access to 7gb

That's the minimum I was considering they'd restrict after seeing the Feb20th event. 7GB is more than enough and likely more than what MS will leave open for games use.