By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - You want to save HD DVD?

Can a mod wipe Twesterms profile views? That would be hilarious.

Edit: And who creates a topic and then trolls themselves in it? Its like writing letters to yourself! 

Around the Network
Rath said:

Edit: And who creates a topic and then trolls themselves in it? Its like writing letters to yourself!

It would only make me try harder :-p

gebx said:
lol!

hmm I'm a supporter of HD DVD, I like how they have a set standard for a players, I also like how they gave people the chance to buy the regular DVD with the HD version on the back, but seriously a petition is pretty worthless.

If people want to help HD DVD then go buy a player and get a couple HD DVD's...

Those combo discs cost more, and some releases didn't have a regular hd-dvd release.

Bad advice to buy hd-dvd players when they are going to become obsolete, though... 

vote with your wallet

I dont care either way. And frankly, these gazillions of blu ray and hd dvd threads get tiring and annoying. who cares? its a didgital storage technology.

get a life.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
inFamous. said:
While your at it, go sign the BringBackVHS.com petition.... It's pathetic on any level lol.

ACTUALLY I read a study that VHS tapes outsold both Blu-ray and HD-DVD combined sometime last year..

Legend11 said:
I for one am happy at this news if only because it's a bit of good news for PS3 owners. I mean the PS3 was supposed to be the 800 pound gorilla that was going to dominate and destory all it's competition and it's been reduced to it's fanboys celebrating when it manages to go 2 weeks in the number 2 spot. Who 4 years ago would have thought that things would turn out like this? Anyways congrats to Sony on their victory for Blu-Ray and hopefully now it'll be able to move a lot of PS3 Blu-Ray players (and a few games as well, lol).

I don't want to sound smug or belitting, but I whole heartedly agree. Does anyone else remember the days before the 360 had even launched. The Sony crowd laughed at the very idea Nintendo would even debut in the next generation much ales outdo the Gamecube's dissapointing sales with their next console. And the 360, that would only sell to people who already owned an Xbox and the PS3 would have better online anyway so good bye Microsoft. Any talk of anticipation for the Xbox 360 and, in particular, the Revolution (Wii) would have gotten you laughed or flammed out of most forums. It was just an accepted fact that Sony was invincible and the true God of Gaming.

Now into the PS3's second Christmas Sony Fans rejoice at the mere sight of the PS3 just barely edging its way above the 360 in weekly sales. They argue and bicker over the slightest changes in weekly sales numbers like dogs fighting over scraps, hoping that there will somehow be more meat on the bone. Praise of being able to upscale the graphics of PS2 games on the PS3 has so easily given way to a general acceptance of Backwards Compatibility being a vestigial hinderance this generation. Promises of the PS3's invincible launch gave way to promises of an unstopable line up of games in 2007 which have now given way to promises of a similar domination in 2008.

And now Blu-Ray, what was once just a mere technological perk of owning a PS3, has become its sole beacon of hope for the fans. Let them have Blu-Ray, let Blu-Ray win the format war, let them have their hope. It's the least we can give them.

People need to remember that Blu-ray isn't Sony's format, its a lot of other companies too! Sony is just a part of the board, so all this crap about not wanting a Sony format shoved down your throat is a big steaming pile of BS tbh...

Squall_Leonhart said:
People need to remember that Blu-ray isn't Sony's format, its a lot of other companies too! Sony is just a part of the board, so all this crap about not wanting a Sony format shoved down your throat is a big steaming pile of BS tbh...

Then tell your kindred spirits to stop claiming it as such.

Rath said:

I was considering it.  Especially if he keeps spamming threads with his fake links. :>