By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I got MW3....and I just have a few small questions.

How the hell do half the people in this game have automatic weapons that kill you in 1-2 shots? And more importantly how the heck do I get a weapon like that?

Around the Network

lol, have you played a CoD game? that's like in every game since MW1, you might be running into sinpers since for some strange reason IW brought quick scooping back. and CoD probably has the most shotty hit detection I've ever seen...sometimes it will take about 2-4 shots to kill someone and then another time it will take like ten shots

If you find its laggy or your bullets don't seem to kill as fast as you get killed...try turning off theater mode in the multiplayer options menu. Apparently that gets rid of a lot of the lag...and is one of the reasons Black Ops was so much laggier than MW2. Theatre mode I guess uses up a lot of bandwith or something and slows down your connection. 

well certain guns do much higher damage.

The reason why people used the Ak 74u in Black ops so much because it was as powerful as an assault rifle and with rapid fire and grip it was deadly.

I find MW3 multi player way harder then Black Ops.

In Black Ops it was much easier for a noob. I had Ghost Pro, War Lord Pro and Second Chance Pro and used Claymores like a cheap bastard. Oh it was so easy in comparison...

Marks said:

If you find its laggy or your bullets don't seem to kill as fast as you get killed...try turning off theater mode in the multiplayer options menu. Apparently that gets rid of a lot of the lag...and is one of the reasons Black Ops was so much laggier than MW2. Theatre mode I guess uses up a lot of bandwith or something and slows down your connection. 

Oh man thanks for telling me that! I hope that helps!

Around the Network
arcane_chaos said:

lol, have you played a CoD game? that's like in every game since MW1, you might be running into sinpers since for some strange reason IW brought quick scooping back. and CoD probably has the most shotty hit detection I've ever seen...sometimes it will take about 2-4 shots to kill someone and then another time it will take like ten shots

No i've been legitely getting killed by 1-3 shots from automatic weapons. It's so bad sometimes that after I pump about 10 bullets into them they shoot me with 2 and I die (and a lot of the time they don't even get head shots)

I've never played a game that punishes you more for being a low level than MW3.

mw3 is soooo hard. everyone just keeps killing you with 1-2 shots i know what you mean, plus the ps3 versions of it has been invaded by 12 year old clans with mics playing rap music :( cod on the ps3 is no longer quite and it's becomming the same as the xbox version full of racist teenagers and 12 year old shit talkers

*sigh*

lordmandeep said:
well certain guns do much higher damage.

The reason why people used the Ak 74u in Black ops so much because it was as powerful as an assault rifle and with rapid fire and grip it was deadly.

I find MW3 multi player way harder then Black Ops.

In Black Ops it was much easier for a noob. I had Ghost Pro, War Lord Pro and Second Chance Pro and used Claymores like a cheap bastard. Oh it was so easy in comparison...

Aye same here man! In Black Ops I had a solid 1.5 KD spread (and that was with crappy people playing on my account) but in MW3 I find myself rejoicing if I get a 1.0 KD spread in a game. In fact my overall KD spread right now is .84 :/

And it's not even that i'm bad at FPS's, it's just I don't even have time to react because they can kill me in about a quarter of the time it takes me to kill them. The only way I ever get kills is if they don't see me.

Don't get me wrong though MW3 is actually my favorite COD for online because it's so addicting and fun.

Rockstar266 said:
mw3 is soooo hard. everyone just keeps killing you with 1-2 shots i know what you mean, plus the ps3 versions of it has been invaded by 12 year old clans with mics playing rap music :( cod on the ps3 is no longer quite and it's becomming the same as the xbox version full of racist teenagers and 12 year old shit talkers

*sigh*

I haven't actually had a problem with annoying little kids yet...or any trash talking for that matter. Which is really surprising considering this is COD that we are talking about.

I think it's because people have unlocked damage and range proficiencies on their guns. That and the fact that people have better map knowledge. I just bought the game today but I haven't tried it yet :(