By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Lego movie penned!

Well with all the board game based movies and toy based movies it was inevitable that a Lego movie would be made. Well its been confirmed the first Lego full length feature film is in development. The movie will be written and directed by two of the biggest contributors to Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Co-Director will be Chris McKay who is most famous for his involvement with animating toys and such for the comedy Robot Chicken!

The film will be 80% animated and 20% live action. This makes it really hard to tell how the story will unfold. "Plot details for Lego -- an action-adventure set in the Lego world -- remain under wraps," according to Variety. "Casting for the live-action characters is set to begin in January." Australian-based firm Animal Logic (Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole)will be in charge of all the animation and is supposed to be really excited for this new project.

The movie is slated for a 2014 release date and will be published/distributed by Warner Bros.

Does anyone think that the Lego film could be as successful as the many Lego games have been? Are you excited or is this another greedy milk of successful franchise that should never make the jump to the big screen?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

I'd care if I was about 5.

spurgeonryan said:
Is this the halo lego movie that you are talking about?

Nope, this is a big budget film based on the Lego franchise taking place in the Lego Universe. But something I have to wonder is it is 20% live action according to the press release. As such how will live actors fit into the film, how will that work into the plot line? A little kid gets sucked into the Lego Universe and needs to escape. Also you have to wonder if the film will rely entirely on Lego's intellectual properties or whether the film will include some lisenced Lego sets, characters as well? If they do how will the lisenced characters interact and which ones will all be involved?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer