By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tecmo claims VGChartz undertracked DOA:D, claims its been a success!

Tagged games:

***** Edit - I would like to apologize to Nsanity for posting a topic which he had previously reported. As such I have reported my two topics related to the thread he created earlier. Until this topic gets closed please post and refer to Nsanity's origional topic here! Thank you for your time and sorry for the double post!

Well Tecmo Koei just released its financial figures and what titles are bringing in tons of income what future titles they will be releasing and how successful these titles are. When reading over the translated account of Tecmo Koei's financial statements and their reports I noticed something very startling. According to Tecmo's sales figures DOA:Dimensions on 3DS has been severely under tracked here on VGChartz.

According to VGChartz DOA:Dimensions has sold a total of 160,000 copies globally. But Tecmo's figures are nearly double that claiming DOA:D sold over 310,000 copies globally since launch. If we trust the other figures that VGChartz has this would make DOA:Dimensions the eigth best selling title on 3DS, while VGChartz tracks it as number 17. By VGChartz stats DOA:Dimensions would be the sixth highest selling Dead Or Alive title in history.

Tecmo Koei credits DOA:Dimensions with being its third biggest title this year. They credit it with being a driving force behind their profitability this year. Apparently the continued success of DOA:Dimensions is expected and insiders suspect it could become one of the better selling DOA titles seeing as it has only been on the market less then a year.

This is a very odd account of events. Firstly why would VGChartz data be so drastically off? I mean its one thing to under track but to under track by half is sort of weird. Secondly if DOA has been so successful why isn't it credited as such? Thirdly Tecmo Koei is apparently confident in Nintendo and will support WiiU right out of the gate as well. Could this new found success on Nintendo's platforms lead to a rich library of titles from one of Japan's most respected publishers?

What impact does this have on peoples perceptions of 3DS? Despite having so few hardware units on the market a solid title is still able to sell fairly well despite low software sales across the board?

Source

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Simple. We fucked up. Sorry, Tecmo.