By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eastern bloc video games

I just "inherited" a Videoton TV-jatek. It is a hungarian Pong-machine from the early (I guess) 80s. I think it looks pretty cool, and I hope that Im able to fix it so that I can connect it to my TV. I think that this product was exclusively sold in Hungary, so there must be local variants from all over eastern Europe and Russia. Please, if you know about any, post pics of old east bloc video games!

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Around the Network

*Bump*

Come on! There must be loads of people on this forum from the former east bloc... or? Atleast we have a polish guy here somewhere, hello!!! :)

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

I would help, but as everyone knows, Finland has always been the easternmost border of the West. =P

I definitely share your interest in this topic, though. We might have a fascinating thread on our hands if this ever gets anywhere.

Im still a believer :)

Im going to plug it in - the TV-Jatek - wish me luck!

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

Copycon said:

These were the last words of Copycon.  His lust for ancient technology was his final outdoing as the mythical Jatek devoured his soul to be used in a game of soulpong that will last throughout eternity.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Copycon said:

These were the last words of Copycon.  His lust for ancient technology was his final outdoing as the mythical Jatek devoured his soul to be used in a game of soulpong that will last throughout eternity.

lol, we can make a video game about it, called "Soulpong: The Rice of Copycon" , players accidently free copycon and the results are disasterous... etc.

Im back!

As a Pong-virus in your mind, muhahahahaha!

I didnt have any working coax cables so I couldnt connect it to a TV. But Im sure that it works, it looks pretty... how to say it... like the Trabant of video games! 

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!