By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst games you actually paid for and tried to play

This gen, Madworld and Little Big Planet.

Around the Network

Fable.

I could rant and rave for hours on how much I hate that game.

twesterm said:
Easily Final Fantasy XIV.

It's bad enough I paid for the collector's edition but I actually built a pretty beefy computer just to play the game.

Not to down play your opinion but i'm curious, when have you last played?

I don't buy bad games, but I do regret buying MW2 and blk ops, had to sell them because they're just awful in my opinion, definitely not buying MW3.

Troll_Whisperer said:
When I was a teenager and had little money, I paid full price (€60) for Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness. Jesus f*cking Christ, I regret that sooooo much to this day.

I feel for you, I forgot about that game. I was a student on a tight budget at the time, and no 2nd hand market yet to recoup some of the losses. Angel of crapness, even getting her killed repeatedly had no satisfaction.

Around the Network

awesome thread.

For me nothing will beat the disappointent I experienced when I played Sea Blade. I bought it when I couldn't find Crimson Skies anywhere and so needed a substitute game.

twesterm said:
Easily Final Fantasy XIV.

It's bad enough I paid for the collector's edition but I actually built a pretty beefy computer just to play the game.

Same here, collectors edition and got a new rig just for it. After playing XI for so long I couldnt wait for XIV, never a bigger dissapointment. Should have never been released in the state it was, now 2.0 is on the way and I cant even be bothered with it.

I nominate the entire PSN catalog.

With the exception of Dead Nation and Super Stardust HD no game was worth the price.

Also All the Codemasters racing games I bought on Steam

Note: I can sell a bad game, but not if they're tied to an account 

Dr.Grass said:
PSOne: 007 Tomorrow Never Dies
PS2: Project Eden
PS3: FFXIII

I only bought Nintendo games for my Ninty consoles so it's all good there.

Project Eden....holy hell what a shit game that was!! It seemed like such a cool premise and then I played it. That game is still a running joke with one of my friends when it comes to worst game ever! We were both amped for it and it ended up being soooooo terrible.