By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 Nitpicking and Final thoughts - SPOILERS -

Tagged games:

Solid-Stark said:
Good read.

My two big questions are:
Whats with the zombified dude in the chateu?
and
So is snake...err Talbot a super human or something?

Zombified dude was because of the spiders. They had molested him ;)

Talbots story according to Amy hennig =

Marlowe's crew is supposed to be a highly-trained clandestine organization, with roots stretching back to Elizabeth I and earlier.  Sort of like CIA/MI6 secret intelligence service type ops... so the idea is they have lots of means to confound their enemies like a secret arm of the CIA or MI6 might, for example. Like Cutter says, manipulating their enemies through espionage, deception, fear.  

This is based on real-life clandestine ops, and "the art of deception". Groups like the CIA really used magician's tricks as well as drugs, etc. to trick and frighten their enemies. So - you can assume there's a rational explanation behind these mysteries... e.g., a bulletproof vest, an escape rope/wire, whatever--which looks "magical" but has a rational explanation, just like a magician's trick.

Magic, tricks, deception, illusion, perception vs. reality - these are themes throughout the game.

So no, he's no super human. He's a member of an organisation that focuses on the "art of deception".

Around the Network

Too much the same stuff.But ye some epic moments like sinking boat and night desert (that was most awesome part of the game and it lasted only 30 sec)...But it could had been so much more.
+ why not Tomb Raider feeling, 2 pistols,any1?
Wtf happened with Elena and Drake anyway...And why after start Chloe and Cutter give up....ROAR!
And that ending was soooo lame.

Take my love, take my land..

Simulacrum said:
Too much the same stuff.But ye some epic moments like sinking boat and night desert (that was most awesome part of the game and it lasted only 30 sec)...But it could had been so much more.
Wtf happened with Elena and Drake anyway...And why after start Chloe and Cutter give up....ROAR!

Dude!  I swear I was just thinking about that part about ten minutes ago!!  I don't even know why.  I thought it was awesome and so funny--Drake was like, "I can use the stars to guide me" *looks up at the sky and sees a billion stars* "I shoulda joined the Navy...." 

I don't know why that popped into my head but I thought about that and laughed to myself.   And here's the part that seems surreal--I actually thought about bumping this thread and mentioning that part.  I think I've been to critical of the game and I wanted to talk about some of the good parts.  I just got home from work like ten minutes ago, log into VGChartz, and the thread is back and you mentioned exactly waht I wanted to mention!!

I swear, I'm not making any of this up!!

Bookmarked for when I have time to post decent thoughts.

For now I'll say that U3 for me has reached the highest level I've yet seen in conveying narrative in a video-game in line with decent cinematic techniques as well as showing, in places, how to more realistically balance game-play with context without breaking disbelief.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Aldro said:
adriane23 said:

Ok, one nitpick to add from me that hopefully someone can explain. If Talbot had the same hallunicogen that was in that urn in the city, why not just make a bunch of it and not go through the trouble of finding the city? Maybe it was explained and I just wasn't paying attention. How the hell did he get that hallucinogen and why did they need to find more???? I love this game, but the story makes about as much sense as Deus Ex: HR (Rip off of MGS4), Gears, and L.A. Noire. And how the hell were Talbot and Marlowe disappearing all the time!? Explain that shit!

Marlowe's crew is supposed to be a highly-trained clandestine organization, with roots stretching back to Elizabeth I and earlier.  Sort of like CIA/MI6 secret intelligence service type ops... so the idea is they have lots of means to confound their enemies like a secret arm of the CIA or MI6 might, for example. Like Cutter says, manipulating their enemies through espionage, deception, fear.  

This is based on real-life clandestine ops, and "the art of deception". Groups like the CIA really used magician's tricks as well as drugs, etc. to trick and frighten their enemies. So - you can assume there's a rational explanation behind these mysteries... e.g., a bulletproof vest, an escape rope/wire, whatever--which looks "magical" but has a rational explanation, just like a magician's trick.

Magic, tricks, deception, illusion, perception vs. reality - these are themes throughout the game.

Amy Hennig said that^

They had to shoot someone with a dart in order to somewhat control them, but it wasn't even perfect. We saw Cutter snap out of it and we also noticed how Drake went mad by it. NONE of that compared to the water that was in the City of Brass/Ubar/Iram of the Pillars. Once drinking from the water, you were seeing things that had a far more impact... Sully dying is a good example. The supposed "Djinns" are also an example of this. Since the organisation focuses on fear and deceit, it is very clear why they would want this power.

Ahh gotcha......then they should've did some Scooby Doo type reveals on all their tricks. Either way, I'm getting the itch to play through the game again. Despite the faults, I believe this is the most fun I've had playing a game since UC2.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Simulacrum said:

Dude!  I swear I was just thinking about that part about ten minutes ago!!  I don't even know why.  I thought it was awesome and so funny--Drake was like, "I can use the stars to guide me" *looks up at the sky and sees a billion stars* "I shoulda joined the Navy...." 

I don't know why that popped into my head but I thought about that and laughed to myself.   And here's the part that seems surreal--I actually thought about bumping this thread and mentioning that part.  I think I've been to critical of the game and I wanted to talk about some of the good parts.  I just got home from work like ten minutes ago, log into VGChartz, and the thread is back and you mentioned exactly waht I wanted to mention!!

I swear, I'm not making any of this up!!

Guess that makes us awesome.

Take my love, take my land..

Aldro said:
Solid-Stark said:
Good read.

My two big questions are:
Whats with the zombified dude in the chateu?
and
So is snake...err Talbot a super human or something?

Zombified dude was because of the spiders. They had molested him ;)

Talbots story according to Amy hennig =

So no, he's no super human. He's a member of an organisation that focuses on the "art of deception".

Haha :D

Ahh i see, i think they should have gone a bit more in depth with their background. Either way, solid story telling from Naughty Dog.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)