By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Hardware Sales outsells Software Sales Two to One in October(Japan)

Nintendo DSi on amazon Japan 14,100 Yens
Nintendo 3DS on amazon Japan 14,200 Yens

Mystery solved ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

3DS will simply get stronger as time passes, so many games announced, hardcore and not

also, i'm playing Zelda and i'm amazed by how awesome the 3D technology of the 3DS is in a game

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

That inccludes only top-30 software sales. Count in the software sold outside of top-30 and we will get probably closer to 1:1 ration with hw/sw

RolStoppable said:
cyberninja45 said:

They did? I can'tseem find anything resembling the built in software titles in the article.  What did it say?

They didn't mention it at all, because it's useless. Nobody is really impressed by the built-in software.

Tell that to this guy.(resist the urge to insult him)

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

RolStoppable said:
cyberninja45 said:

They did? I can'tseem find anything resembling the built in software titles in the article.  What did it say?

They didn't mention it at all, because it's useless. Nobody is really impressed by the built-in software.

I told you bro. Less than 1.0 attach rate.

:)

Around the Network

Just wait till Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart then the attach ratio will go up to 2.

RolStoppable said:
Soleron said:

I told you bro. Less than 1.0 attach rate.

:)

What exactly were we talking about back then? Did you give a specific timeframe or anything like that? I am pretty sure we were talking worldwide sales though.

Yes, I'm not serious. Of course it will have >1.0 in the long term. It's already hilarious it's below 2.

I think that nintendo shouldn't have put in so many free games in the system. People think they don't need to buy anything else for a while. Same thing happened with the Wii. I know plenty of people who didn't buy an acutal game for weeks after buying the Wii since they were too infatuated with Wii Sports.

They could have included the an AR games but let Face raiders be at least a $5 purchase.

pokeclaudel said:
I think that nintendo shouldn't have put in so many free games in the system. People think they don't need to buy anything else for a while. Same thing happened with the Wii. I know plenty of people who didn't buy an acutal game for weeks after buying the Wii since they were too infatuated with Wii Sports.

They could have included the an AR games but let Face raiders be at least a $5 purchase.

That would apply, except Wii software sales did not suffer in the way 3DS has.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs