By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 sales hit 17.7M, Halo 3 sales hits 8.1M

Ran over this site in the web. Excuse me if this was posted before, but Whats up with these numbers?? 

http://gamernode.com/news/5521-xbox-360-sales-hit-177m-halo-3-sales-hits-81m/index.html

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

that sold to retailers not consumer read what the source posted in the news section

That's how many units MS has sold or delivered to retaillers.

MS doesn't directly sell to end customers, so they don't report sales to end customers. Neither does Sony, Nintendo, or anyone else.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Sony and MS give you BS... while Nintendo has ALWAYS given true numbers...if you think otherwise, you are either blind, and dont read press releases... or you just that fuckin stupid!

VGC Article - http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=745

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

@Sqrl

Thanks for the link!!

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

samus086 said:
Sony and MS give you BS... while Nintendo has ALWAYS given true numbers...if you think otherwise, you are either blind, and dont read press releases... or you just that fuckin stupid!

Nintendo gives you the true sales to consumer numbers because their sold to consumer numbers are more spectacular than Sony or MS's. I dont believe even for a second that they report their consumer sellthrough just because they are "such great guys with a true sense of honesty and morality."

They do it because they dont NEED to report shipped numbers to impress. Their sell through numbers do that just fine. 

samus086 said:

Fanboyism at its usual peak... 

Everyone has to report accurately.  This is because they are all publicly traded companies and if they are substantially out their stock will drop like a rock when they announce their actual quarterly financials.

NeoRatt said:
samus086 said:

Fanboyism at its usual peak...

Everyone has to report accurately. This is because they are all publicly traded companies and if they are substantially out their stock will drop like a rock when they announce their actual quarterly financials.

Read ioi's post, below. 

Allow me to translate.

"Sony and Microsoft give numbers that are more useful to their shareholders, i.e., units sold by the company and paid for; Nintendo gives numbers that are more useful to the interested consumer that VG Chartz targets, i.e. units sold through to consumers."

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.