By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Total War demo and trailer released!

Well everyone has wondered what a tactical RTS based in Hyrule could look like. Fans have waited about a decade to see Nintendo make Hyrule into an RTS and the wait may be over. But it isn't Nintendo bringing us this new RTS based on Total War it is a fan made game based entirely around Medieval 2: Total War.

The game features almost all of the iconic races that exist in the world of Hyrule. You try to take over the divided Hyrule and lead your race to victory over all the others. Whether your Hylian or Goron you need to take up arms to conquer all of Hyrule. Is there hope for a victory is their hope for peace? Only you can find out. In total there will be 20 playable races from the iconic Zelda universe.

"The Hero of Time has chosen to return to the past, a choice that ultimately has ruined the charts of history and sent Hyrule into chaos. Major wars that were already decided have unmade themselves, allowing fallen armies a second chance at these critical events in Hyrule's history. This is where you, the player, comes in. You shall choose how to rewrite the history of Hyrule. Do you stick with the proper path and smite the evil in the land in the name of the Goddesses? Or perhaps you feel that the Hylians have overstayed their welcome as masters of the land and would rather the Gerudo forces of Ganondorf lead Hyrule into a new age leadership"

"Maybe you feel it's time that the Gorons march from their mountain kingdoms and rebuild their long lost empire, smashing anyone who opposes their will? On the other hand, you might fall in favor of fighting for the Zora Dominion and cleansing the land of imperfect creatures and establishing a new order of purity. Perhaps the forces of nature have won you over, and you would see to it that the Kokiri and beings of the forest rise to power? Or maybe you would act against nature, and infest and consume all life as the infestation of Gohma... There are many races to choose from, and many possible outcomes to your actions. Hyrule's fate is now in your hands. Will you lead it to a golden age of peace, or dominate it in your name?"

The game's first trailer has been released above as well as the first playable demo. To download the playable demo visit Total War Center. The Medieval 2 Total War game was amazing and critically acclaimed if they did a good job converting it then Hyrule Total War should be a must have for every Zelda fan.

What do you think will you be downloading this? How do you think Nintendo will respond they tend to issue cease and desist orders fairly fast how many weeks do you think this demo will be available? Or do you think Nintendo will embrace it and allow it to be completed into a finished product (Mod)?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

*nerdgasm*
Will totally try this out but something tells me the balance will be horrible. I'm not sure about how the factions are made up either. In my opinion there are too many of them. And I have no idea how the Kokiri are supposed to stand a chance against...anything.

spurgeonryan said:
That is really cool! I can not wait to see how this turns out.

this

I thought the title meant a new trailer for Skyward Sword XD

*watches video...*

Impressive for a fan made game

Around the Network

Does seem neat. I like games that explore more of the world, though i don't like RTSes as a rule.

That armored Zelda looked sweet as hell

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Damn those are some dedicated fans!

Surprisingly good fan made piece of work.

I can't even think of 20 races for the Zelda universe :P

My god this is what I always wanted. I've had conversations with my friends many times about a Zelda RTS since OOT was released.

A game about either the war that was alluded to before the game started or about Gannon's rise to power in the 7 year gap that time skips. You'd know who'd ultimately win but the journey there could be epic. Sort of like Halo: Reach.

Nintendo should totally have blizzard make one.

There seems like there's way too many races in that game. What need is there for two versions of zora why not combine them in one race. Like the humans in starcraft there isn't the mexican human campaign and the white human campaign they should all be on one side.