By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyward Sword will be the best rated game of 2011

Im seriously thinking that Zelda:SS will end up with the highest metacritic score of 2011´s released games when everything is set and done. The only real contender, imo, was Uncharted 3, and judging by its actual score (94 out of 40 reviews) I dont think it will be able to surpass SS.

What do you think guys? 

pwin´ every other villain since 1994

Around the Network

Yeah I could see it being the highest rated game on metacritic this year.

Well, Twilight Princess is at 95, an according to early opinions, SS is waaay better and fix most of the usual complains about the Zelda series. So a 96-97 could be totally possible, imo.

spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:

What makes you say that? More than Gears 3 or that new race car game you have been playing?

Gears 3 and Forza 4 are both at a 91 so they don't stand a chance.

The only games that can challenge Skyward Sword is Batman Arkham City and Portal 2 which are both at a 95 right now.

Multiplatform games don't count then ........

Around the Network
Mr.Ashtear said:
Well, Twilight Princess is at 95, an according to early opinions, SS is waaay better and fix most of the usual complains about the Zelda series. So a 96-97 could be totally possible, imo.

Not saying SS won't but that reason is crap, loads of sequels have improved on their last game and have scored lower, a lot of games this year in fact.

The thing that will help Zelda in this case is that itspredecessor is really a game from last gen and came out 5? years ago.

spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:

What makes you say that? More than Gears 3 or that new race car game you have been playing?

Gears 3 and Forza 4 are both at a 91 so they don't stand a chance.

The only games that can challenge Skyward Sword is Batman Arkham City and Portal 2 which are both at a 95 right now.

Out of all the review sites and magazines, which one do you think will be the hardest on this game?

I haven't a clue. I only pay attention to metacritic, Gametrailers, Gameinformer, Vgchartz and IGN (I don't really care for IGN though)

Seece said:
Mr.Ashtear said:

Not saying SS won't but that reason is crap, loads of sequels have improved on their last game and have scored lower, a lot of games this year in fact.

The thing that will help Zelda in this case is that itspredecessor is really a game from last gen and came out 5? years ago.

Also I think theres a lot of hype due to this Zelda being the "not so formulatic Zelda we all have been asking for". Buuut, it may be punished on the graphics department, a problem a TP didnt have to suffer much. 

No it will be Battlefield 3

ryuzaki57 said:
No it will be Battlefield 3

B3 currently holds a 93 on meta. It has like 20 reviews, so it could go up, but I dont see it very plausible.