By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kotaku Rumor: Doom 4's Development Indefinitely Postponed Following Poor Rage Launch

dead island or Rage? i know which one was the bigger disappointment considering who developed the ip, but which one had the most problems?

Around the Network

one thing I have noticed form Bethesda is that all the games other than games from Bethesda Game studios have been failures, lucky the ones from Bethesda have been massive success or else we would not have no skyrim. Brink, Hunted Demon Forge all flopped, and Rage isn't blowing away sales and will struggle come BF3 and MW3 release. Hopefully Bethesda tradition of releasing poor non Bethesda GS titles stopped on Prey 2 as that game looks Awesome.

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

spurgeonryan said:
Rage did not do that bad, but I am sure they hoped for more. Just too many games at once people! I think Christmas may help out a lot though. Doom is a big franchise, especially if they do it right, so we should not worry too much about it. AFter all even Duke Nukem eventually came out again! ;)

were you ever a PC gamer? its not about the sells. the game sold as good as most would think is good for a new ip. its over 1m if not 3m ww already? these guies invented the FPS. theres no excuse for the level of problems Rage had at launch! for id fans this was simlpy unexceptable.

bugs, glitches, and frame rate issues are just a few of the problems i've heard this game having, and for id its simply unexceptable 

Bethesda has already dismissed this rumor via twitter: "Re: DOOM 4 rumor, games are done when they are done and no title under development at id has been postponed – indefinitely or otherwise."

This from the VP of PR and Marketing at Bethesda.

I have, and am really enjoying Rage, and so I would not consider it a failure. I have no idea what ID/Bethesda's expectations for it's sales were, though I'm sure EVERY company would like more than what they got.

mchaza said:
one thing I have noticed form Bethesda is that all the games other than games from Bethesda Game studios have been failures, lucky the ones from Bethesda have been massive success or else we would not have no skyrim. Brink, Hunted Demon Forge all flopped, and Rage isn't blowing away sales and will struggle come BF3 and MW3 release. Hopefully Bethesda tradition of releasing poor non Bethesda GS titles stopped on Prey 2 as that game looks Awesome.

wow they have had a bad yr or so! i hope it gets better cause for id this was just disappointing. i hope Prey comes together to or we're going to have problems on our hands, and so will Bethesda.

Around the Network

Funny, Doom 3 was a massively overhyped disappointment as well. Should Id Software just start sticking to engines?

the game is'nt doing that bad. There's alot of games with worse sales out there.

the game is'nt doing that bad. There's alot of games with worse sales out there.

spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
Rage did not do that bad, but I am sure they hoped for more. Just too many games at once people! I think Christmas may help out a lot though. Doom is a big franchise, especially if they do it right, so we should not worry too much about it. AFter all even Duke Nukem eventually came out again! ;)

were you ever a PC gamer? its not about the sells. the game sold as good as most would think is good for a new ip. its over 1m if not 3m ww already? these guies invented the FPS. theres no excuse for the level of problems Rage had at launch! for id fans this was simlpy unexceptable.

bugs, glitches, and frame rate issues are just a few of the problems i've heard this game having, and for id its simply unexceptable 

In grade school I played PC and Apple 2 games all the time.

and RAGE is also on consoles ...

Rage is on PC? i new that but thats not what i'm talking about! infact thats the worse copy of the game! releasing Rage with all the problems it had is unxeceptable.

i fill like i'm being mean but id didn't fail sales wise. the quality there known for just wasn't there and no matter how many patches id releases for Rage it still won't change the perception of a game that should have come out perfectly.