By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Congrats to the 2007 Worldwide Hardware Prediction Winners!

We made these prediction in April, but the percentages are based off total sales, and so this doesn't really mean anything.

For example, if total DS sales were 40 million when the predictions were made, and someone picked 55 million for DS, that's a fantastically, embarrassingly terrible prediction. They were predicting 15 million more sales, and there were actually 25 million more sales, a 40% difference! But they are credited with a 15.5% difference, as a percentage of the LTD sales. Basically as if they had predicted sales through Xmas 2007 before DS's launch.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

As I mentioned in the other topic, I think the percentage accuracy for everyone is off. How did people get 95% total accuracy when they only had 1 prediction above 95% and others below 90?

I think the 100% for software were somehow included.

I must have had a drinking problem in June

I guess weekly sales might have been worse in June than in April, so I was less optimistic the second time.