By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has the post Christmas season boom stopped...

For the PS3?

From what I saw at BB and CC tonight, I would take a guess and say no.   I had some gift cards that I needed to use and with no games out right now that I really don't want and don't already have, i decided to pick up a couple BD movies and a PS3 remote.  

While I was at BB, the place was pretty packed and in the 30 minutes I was wandering around the movie/video game sections of the store, I noticed something rather interesting.  BB had sold 6 PS3's while I was there.  All 40gb's.   One bought it just for BD movies and the occasional game, the rest picked up a few games and the console at the same time.    The PS3 demo machine had a line of about 3 kids standing behind it, while I noticed that nobody was on the Wii demo machine.   That's not to say that nobody wants the Wii, it's just what I noticed and decided to comment on it.    I talked to the BB rep that seemed surprisingly knowledgable on the PS3 without spreading half truths like GS's usually do.   He told me that they have been selling a great deal of the PS3's today with about 35 sold.   

I then got my stuff there and went off the CC since BB was out of the BD movie I really wanted (RE: extinction) and noticed the same thing.  Even though the store was quite dead for a Friday night, they sold 3 PS3's while I was there for 10 minutes and I overheard the kid working in that department say to another co-worker that he's just shocked at how many of the PS3's they had sold lately.   Apparently we can expect another week of pretty solid PS3 sales if what I noticed is happening all around the country and not just in my neck of the woods.  

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Around the Network

Do you think this is how ioi got his start?

I get the feeling this is going to get ugly.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

It could be? I really don't know how ioi got into following sales of consoles or when he came up with the idea to do so. Sadly I have not read his autobiography, but once ioi does come out with one, i may have to pick up the e-book version of it. ;)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

No need for it to get ugly. I just stated what I saw tonight while I was out shopping. I mostly wanted to see if anyone else has been out the past couple of days and have seen the same thing.

But I did feel good in informing a couple of guys that were picking up the $80 monster cables that they can get a good quality one online for $10 that will perform as good as the overpriced one will.

Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network
jjseth said:

For the PS3?

From what I saw at BB and CC tonight, I would take a guess and say no.   I had some gift cards that I needed to use and with no games out right now that I really don't want and don't already have, i decided to pick up a couple BD movies and a PS3 remote.  

While I was at BB, the place was pretty packed and in the 30 minutes I was wandering around the movie/video game sections of the store, I noticed something rather interesting.  BB had sold 6 PS3's while I was there.  All 40gb's.   One bought it just for BD movies and the occasional game, the rest picked up a few games and the console at the same time.    The PS3 demo machine had a line of about 3 kids standing behind it, while I noticed that nobody was on the Wii demo machine.   That's not to say that nobody wants the Wii, it's just what I noticed and decided to comment on it.    I talked to the BB rep that seemed surprisingly knowledgable on the PS3 without spreading half truths like GS's usually do.   He told me that they have been selling a great deal of the PS3's today with about 35 sold.   

I then got my stuff there and went off the CC since BB was out of the BD movie I really wanted (RE: extinction) and noticed the same thing.  Even though the store was quite dead for a Friday night, they sold 3 PS3's while I was there for 10 minutes and I overheard the kid working in that department say to another co-worker that he's just shocked at how many of the PS3's they had sold lately.   Apparently we can expect another week of pretty solid PS3 sales if what I noticed is happening all around the country and not just in my neck of the woods.  

I would make the obvious comment that personal observation does not necessarily apply on a wide scale but I will focus on something else ...

Why would you spend money on a movie as awful as Resident Evil: Extinction? I could understand if you were being forced to watch it by a crazed madman, but to actually choose to watch it ...

Happy, I happen to like the movies and pretty much anything that has Milla Jovovich in it. Especially if I get a glimpse of side boob or full frontal boob.

Get your Portable ID!

Would it make you feel better if I told you the other one I picked up was "War"? ;)

BTW, the profile 1.1 works pretty darn great in that movie and is pretty neat as well. And I really didn't spend my money on those movies, I used a gift card for it. :)

Get your Portable ID!

All 40gbs? Maybe the Warner announcement pushed format war fence sitters to pick up ps3s. If these were for gaming, I'd expect at least ONE 80gb to have been sold.

I was just teasing you, the first Resident Evil movie wasn't that bad ...