By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

To be completely honest, I thought ToS was the Oracle O_o for a majority of the game.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Hephaestos said:
Baalzamon said:
I'm confused. Are you saying you had no blocking role?

nope, and the dancer actually fits really well with friendly neighboor/partial watcher (only saw if people were out, not who came or where they went)

I'm curious. Why did you pick me for your first dance? You know I'm not into women.

tbh, I initially picked Hat, but then I figured he might have been the 2x voter with his post twilight post (kind of thought he was trying to look candid to defuse the oh oops he's hammered already reaction people might have had.

So I defaulted from the person that was gonna influance the game the most to the one that seemed most townie to me ^^.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Part of my A game is lynching lying townies so that doesn't fare well for you.

and if I was actually a restricted post role, your A game would be what?
Also, PS: you unvoted me.

Restricted post role?

I don't remember unvoting you.

A restricted post role is one where the mod forces you to say things, or limits your communication in some way.

In werewolf, there is the teen werewolf who MUST say werewolf at least once per day.
There is also a role that is only allowed to have one post per day, though length isn't limited.
There is also a role where a player must vote anyone who votes them.
There are thousands of variations, and it's a very popular role in more complex games.

Another one always has to hammer if possible.

Basically, a restricted post role has some kind of rule that they must follow or be modkilled, cannot ever refer to the rule, or do the opposite of what the rule says. For example, a person who is forced to claim a role cannot go back and say they are not actually the role, but it is permitted for them to ask a role-cop to cop them, or whatever other devious methods they can devise to work around the rules.

just fyi

haha, apparently none of us had a clue what was going on

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

hatmoza said:
To be completely honest, I thought ToS was the Oracle O_o for a majority of the game.

I find that hard to believe, to be completely honest.

Around the Network

Now to elaborate on roles:

Ace the Mafia Jack could use one action a night, and could janitor a lynch thereby giving up the ability to use it as a night action:
Ninja would have countered the detective scan(TOS would be informed the scan failed), a roleblock(Jailkeep), or a night with the Dancer.(He would have gone out without Heph being informed)
Roleblock is pretty self-explanatory, and I did consider RB and JK being directed at each other. If FF had chosen to kill as well in that scenario then it would also have been blocked. If one targeted the other and the other targeted a third person, then the second person(FF or Baal) would be blocked and the third person would be unaffected.
Janitor is also self-explanatory.
Paralyze is almost like an extra kill. It was for the day only as I made clear both in the flavor and in the bolded event explanation. This was the scumteam's most devastating ability, and would have essentially given them the win if used the night going into an assumed lylo situation. This was tacked on due to the inclusion of a 10th player, as a survivor aligning themselves with town would severly tip the balance.

The 9th Man was a rolecop. Self-explanatoy, admittedly a bit OP though not utilized very much. If I could count on everyone being familiar with the source I'd have made it a flavorcop.

Most town roles were uncommon, but straight from mafiascum. "Dancer" is a Friendly Neighbor/Half Tracker variant that I've picked up from reading games elsewhere. Each night Heph could visit someone and that person would be informed of the visit from Heph.(TOS had no ability night one to be blocked, he was told explicitly that Heph visited him, but not why) Heph would be informed if the target went out at night, but not why or to whom. Heph wouldn't be informed if anyone else also visited the target. It's a weak power scanner, plus confirms the player as town.

The Avenging DayVig was town's only kill, but in a game so small I didn't really want extra kills. If Vette died before ST, then ST would have had to kill during the day, and would have been confirmed town. It would have lessened the blow if it was a miskill and been quite devastating if it hit mafia.

The Amneasic Detective "forgot" who he was night one to balance out the strength of the role. The roles given were from random.org of a list containing all roles, including dead players and TOS himself. To prevent it from possibly being a straight rolecop, at least one "fake" role had to be a player(besides TOS himself) that would live through the night. TOS had nearly the biggest luck to role both mafia, though if Oracle was replaced by himself or a dead player he wouldn't have even had to consider the possibility of FF being town. Then again it would have been a tough claim to believe as it could easily be faked. Had there been no town-on-town votes to quickhammer, the best fakeclaim for FF would have been Town Oracle as they knew hat could confirm the roles existence, and play that against TOS even if it wasn't the role he received.

The Oracle could ask me anything that didn't require knowledge of post-start events. So "is Blank mafia" would not be answered, but the possibilities are preety much endless as to what I could have answered. radish had to ask the question during day phase, and would receive an answer at night. I'd let him know if the question was okay and he could change the question any time before night began. It's up to him if he wants to say what he asked, but I will say that the timing of the questions made them unhelpful. In a larger game it would have been quite a powerful role, and even here it had potential. Thus the Enabler which itself was a highly desirable scum target as a Princess.

No townie knew of any other townie to start, and any of the "linked" roles were told they couldn't claim on that aspect.

theprof00 said:
hatmoza said:

I find that hard to believe, to be completely honest.

Yep yep, it all started when he said Trucks is innocent and he targeted someone, and I said I loved him.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Though at one point in the game I did ask myself, "what if baalz was the Oracle" and you can see that moment. Just go back to where I randomly asked him, "did the spoon bend" and I got no response so I continued believing ToS was my handsome Oracle.

Quickest mafia game ever?

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Baalzamon said:
haha, apparently none of us had a clue what was going on

I have a rule in  mafia. It's very dangerous but it never let me down so far. The player who gives me the greatest town read, I buddy up with them the second or third day. You gave me the strongest town vibe, and when you came out boldly swinging with results day 2 I could taste the pro-towness in you. So I simply buddied up. Sorry if I mislead you to think other wise (I was never notified of anything, though I did LMFAO at you when suggested that I was informed of a block a few pages back with your argument with prof).