By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - when will square enix will put a real final fantasy on the wii

when will square enix put a real final fantasy on the wii not a spin offs

Around the Network

Never :D

When they remake an old one and look to put it on the most popular system at that time? (Assuming Wii stays on top).

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Since Square's banking on this 10-year Fabulae Nova Whatever thing, I'm guessing never. Unless they decide to remake something, which seems to be around 70% of what Squenix is doing nowadays, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Go buy ps3 if you want a real FF.

Wii, for what porpoise releasing on it FF? Just because of controls?

Anyway, when you will see gameplay of FFXIII, you won`t ask anymore such questions. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Well, I'd think never.
As a JRPG fan though, I don't need a true FF on the Wii.
But what I'd like is a new franchise from Square, which is a traditional RPG, not a ARPG like this crappy FFCC on GC.
And FF is milked beyond recognition anyway, you can smell they have no good scenarist anymore at Square, they all left.

Soriku said:
FFCC: TCB is a spin-off, yes, but it's a QUALITY spin-off. They don't give much info on their "biggest" games (hence there being not a lot of info gived for TCB).

Anyway, I'm sure the Wii will get a Fabula Nova Crystallis FF game...

what to you mean "QUALITY" you have not even plyed it.

So how are graphics

how is the story

how long is it

how is the voice acting

what is the battle system like

you can not honestly answer these questions cuz it is not out yet. SO how do you know it is a quality spin off?????

i hope square dose something new for the wii the finale fantasy series is kind of boring

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Hmm probably never. But N6, will probably see the entire FF main storyline franchise exclusive to it haha. Unless of course by magic, which some people apparently are counting on, Wii loses all market share in Japan in 3 yrs haha.

I'd guess never, Square has long lost their ability to tell compelling storys and now the only real definition of a Final Fantasy game is having the best graphics for a next gen RPG game. Been that way for a while.

The graphics = Final Fantasy now.

It'd be stupid to put it on another system, even one with a bigger userbase.