By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - How many instruments do you play? Rate yourself.

So how many?

0 - I've got two left hands 5 26.32%

1 4 21.05%

2 4 21.05%

3 3 15.79%

4 0 0%

5 or more - I'm a musical prodigy B-) 2 10.53%

See results! 1 5.26%

Total:19

Self-explanatory I guess.

How many instruments do you play? Is anyone here any good? Rate your playing out of 10.

Myself (in order of profficiency):

1. Mrdanga (Indian drum resembling a tabla). Also known as a kohl to some. I give myself a 7/10 here.

2. Djembe. The standard drum I guess. I'm getting some good beats going these days. I get an 8/10. Reason this isn't #1 is because mrdanga is much more difficult to play and not as widespread as djembe.

3. Guitar. Started playing recently. Can play some songs, but there's a long way to go... 3/10. I'm a beginner.

So lets see if there are any geniuses out there! Feel free to upload a sample if you like.

Around the Network

I voted 2 - I know how to play piano, violin and flute but I'm not that good at any of them :3

RolStoppable said:
I only play the DK bongos, but I would rate myself 9/10 for those.

I picked those up for R100 (approx $10) towards the end of the GC's life. Was really awesome.

But no, that doesn't count

kowenicki said:
Hundreds.

I have Reason and Ableton live! Not to mention the unbelievable korg apps and then historic fairlight and mellotronics apps.

Actually play.... Keyboards a bit, guitar a bit and a brass instrument reasonably well.

You might as well be speaking Chinese

every instrument i've played i've never been able to finish. form Piano, guitar, drums, and flute, but the recorder and the voice i was well received in those areas.

i'd give my self a 9 for the recorder and a 6 for the voice although i know some people that would kick my ass for giving myself such a low score for the voice.

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
kowenicki said:
Hundreds.

I have Reason and Ableton live! Not to mention the unbelievable korg apps and then historic fairlight and mellotronics apps.

Actually play.... Keyboards a bit, guitar a bit and a brass instrument reasonably well.

Korgs are awesum keyboards and amongst other instruments. you should really look into them.

I play quite a few instruments but I'm a novice in pretty much all of them.

Guitar--1/10 

Trumpet--5/10

Mandolin--3/10

Drums--3/10

And I've dabbled in a couple other instruments but I'm not good enough to even rate myself in them

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
every instrument i've played i've never been able to finish. form Piano, guitar, drums, and flute, but the recorder and the voice i was well received in those areas.

i'd give my self a 9 for the recorder and a 6 for the voice although i know some people that would kick my ass for giving myself such a low score for the voice.

Well if the vocal-chords count as an instrument then I should add that I was (a long time ago) somewhat of a rapper.

Believe it or not. Cypress Hill style tunes.

Dr.Grass said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Well if the vocal-chords count as an instrument then I should add that I was (a long time ago) somewhat of a rapper.

Believe it or not. Cypress Hill style tunes.

well i'd give myself a 6 as a rapper even-though i know i can put some tongue twisters together, and i know afew people that would kill me for giving myself such a low score for that as well.

i like to consider myself a lyrical genius. try saying cosmic cataclysmic apocalyptic event 10 times fast lol.

who puts those kind of words together? me i guess lol. i still have friends and fam. trying to say that after a yr since i wrote it lol.

kowenicki said:
Dr.Grass said:
kowenicki said:
Hundreds.

I'll insert some you tube vids in a few minutes....

*snip

I would never have thought people do such things on IPads! (Yes I'm from the 3rd world) That's really impressive!