By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Arch rival and competitor tries to secure rights to movie based Jobs!

Well I know Apple doesn't really have its own film and movie department so a movie about Jobs would inevitably be made by a third party. But its shocking that only days after his passing one of Apple's biggest competitors is trying to secure the rights to make his biography. That company is none other then Sony Entertainment via Sony Pictures.

I would have expected Disney who had various partnerships with Jobs would be interested, or Fox or Warner Bros or Paramount. A movie based on Steve Jobs sounds like gold. You'd think that other film companies would have pounced on this opportunity before Sony. But none the less Sony is looking to make a film based around the book (Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson).

The book according to Walter is "Based on more than forty interviews with Jobs conducted over two years-as well as interviews with more than a hundred family members, friends, adversaries, competitors, and colleagues-Walter Isaacson has written a riveting story of the roller-coaster life and searingly intense personality of a creative entrepreneur whose passion for perfection and ferocious drive revolutionized six industries: personal computers, animated movies, music, phones, tablet computing, and digital publishing."

Steve Jobs was a reclusive man and shunned reporters and writers rarely opening up to anyone. However Jobs let Walter in during the last two years of his life. In fact he had talked to Walter just weeks before he met his untimely demise. Jobs explained why he openned up to Walter saying "I wanted my kids to know me."!

Walter Isaacson is Time Magazines managing editor as well as the former CNN Chairman. He has written huge best selling books based on the lives of Einstein and Benjamin Franklin it seems only fitting that Jobs joined the ranks. The book even before release has topped charts.

So Sony is looking to make a movie based on this book, no word on who they will hire to play Jobs or Apple's thoughts on the proposal. What do you think is Sony the right company to make a movie based on the life of Steve Jobs? Or should a company who has had a past with Jobs be the one to make the film? My perfect candidate would be Disney since Jobs was involved in not only Pixar but Disney themselves.

Who should make this movie?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer