By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Level-5 trademarks Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch in America

Source: http://gematsu.com/2011/10/level-5-trademarks-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-in-america

Ni no Kuni is coming to North America in early 2012. That much we know. What we didn’t know was what it’ll be called when it gets here. Thanks to a U.S. trademark filing by Level-5 discovered today, we might now know. 

Level-5 trademarked the name Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch on September 29, 2011 in the United States. That’s right. It’ll keep its Japanese Ni no Kuni title.

Around the Network

Maybe they'll bring the Ni No Kuni PS3 bundle over here, too.

will it stay exclusive? it could really get a lot more sales if it comes to both platforms.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

It would make sense as a WiiU launch title.
Day 1 purchase regardless, studio Ghibli made rpg!

According to Wikipedia:
Ni no Kuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joō (二ノ国 白き聖灰の女王?, literally "Second Country: The Queen of White Sacred Ash")
Wrath of the white witch? They got the white part right!

Yes a WiiU launch would make alot of sense. Would be a great way to get in early and establish itself as a developer for the WiiU.

PSWii

Around the Network

Is Level 5 publishing it? Or is it going to be something like WKC 1 where L5 developed it and Sony published it in the US?

Blood_Tears said:
Is Level 5 publishing it? Or is it going to be something like WKC 1 where L5 developed it and Sony published it in the US?

Level-5. This is their own game. They are already big enough that they can self publish. 

Multiplat with Wii U doesnt look beneficial to me. I dont think the Wii U 2012 userbase could make up for development cost and the loss of exclusive hype. Could be a different story if multi with 360 though.

Icyedge said:
Multiplat with Wii U doesnt look beneficial to me. I dont think the Wii U 2012 userbase could make up for development cost and the loss of exclusive hype. Could be a different story if multi with 360 though.

I don't think they meant it as a multi-plat.

Anyways, I agree seeing Level-5 already has a fanbase due to WKC and looking at the sales of Tales of Xillia PS3 is already a viable platform in Japan even if is exclusive. 

reviniente said:

Maybe they'll bring the Ni No Kuni PS3 bundle over here, too.

Unlikely seeing as Sony seems to hate bringing the awesome PS3 special edition bundles to the US.