By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get a GTX560 Ti or a PS3 or just wait until next year? read post for details

What should I do???

GTX560 TI 39 31.97%

PS3 55 45.08%

Wait for next gen cards a... 9 7.38%

nothing save your money 5 4.10%

Just buy more games you c... 1 0.82%

i have the same issue so ... 3 2.46%

you are an idiot 2 1.64%

you should just buy your ... 3 2.46%

IDK I can't make decisions don't ask me ! 1 0.82%

just sell all your gaming... 4 3.28%

Total:122
ishiki said:
isn't metro last light supposed to run better Than metro 2033 Because they optimized it better?

Well they did say that the E3 demo was running on a GTX 480 i7 and 6GB RAM and that looked amazing but they consider that pretty a pretty modest system and they are still adding new effects.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
KyoFlamez said:
Dude I think you should just buy the gtx 560.... you've got a bunch of games, it'll end up being cheaper for you and your brothers will get a better card as well.

Just save up afterwards and wait for the right time to get a PS3. From the sound of it you are more into the single player experince and maybe local co-op, so it won't matter if you get a ps3 now or next year cause the single player experience will always be the same.

Hope that helps....

every opnion helps ; )

I see that 2 people think I am an idiot lol

@TheVoxelman on twitter

zarx said:
kain_kusanagi said:
If you've gotten by for this long you might as well just wait. Unless theirs a game you really want then there's no reason to upgrade just yet. The PS4 is probably just around the corner and it will probably be backwards compatible with the PS3. The next Xbox will probably be backwards compatible as well and I'm sure you know that PC is always backwards compatible, for the most part. Next year will see discounted prices across the board so even if a game comes out that you're dieing to play, one year isn't that long to wait to save a few bucks.

with that attitude I would never buy anything tech related, it will always be cheaper and or better next year

I like to wait and buy cheap. You've waited, sure, but you waited so long that the next gen is about to begin. I wasn't suggesting that you wait until the new stuff comes and then wait for newer stuff forever. But you've gotten by without a PS3 this long and the Wii U is coming next year and shortly after that will be the PS4 and the next Xbox. There's nothing wrong with getting a  PS3 now, I'm sure you'll have fun with it, but you might regret it when the Wii U hits shelves and everything gets discounted. As for the graphics card. My philosophy is to buy the best you can afford and use it until it can't run anything. If you graphics card can run new games well enough to play smoothly then I think it's smart to stick with what you have until you can't afford NOT to upgrade.

kain_kusanagi said:
zarx said:
kain_kusanagi said:
If you've gotten by for this long you might as well just wait. Unless theirs a game you really want then there's no reason to upgrade just yet. The PS4 is probably just around the corner and it will probably be backwards compatible with the PS3. The next Xbox will probably be backwards compatible as well and I'm sure you know that PC is always backwards compatible, for the most part. Next year will see discounted prices across the board so even if a game comes out that you're dieing to play, one year isn't that long to wait to save a few bucks.

with that attitude I would never buy anything tech related, it will always be cheaper and or better next year

I like to wait and buy cheap. You've waited, sure, but you waited so long that the next gen is about to begin. I wasn't suggesting that you wait until the new stuff comes and then wait for newer stuff forever. But you've gotten by without a PS3 this long and the Wii U is coming next year and shortly after that will be the PS4 and the next Xbox. There's nothing wrong with getting a  PS3 now, I'm sure you'll have fun with it, but you might regret it when the Wii U hits shelves and everything gets discounted. As for the graphics card. My philosophy is to buy the best you can afford and use it until it can't run anything. If you graphics card can run new games well enough to play smoothly then I think it's smart to stick with what you have until you can't afford NOT to upgrade.

The origonal plan was to wait until the next gen of cards came out but with the bros issues and the delays to the next year of the next series of GPUs now seems like a fine time to buy a new card, I don't see anything being more demanding than BF3 coming for at least another year possibly until PS4 and next box are out and from what I have played of the BF3 Beta on my 5770 where I can play it on high (-motion blur) with only a few dips below 30, and the full version is supposed to be better optomised (and have some extra effects added to ultra) and the Metro Last light demo looking as awsome as it does running on a GTX 480 which a 560 ti is roughly equivelent to a GTX 560 ti now seems like a good decision. And as you say with the Wii U coming and PS4 and Next box coming soon after seccond hand PS3s are likely to come down in price over the next year. And if I get the card now I get my little bros eternal love and affection... Well for a month until they forget all about it just like they did when I gave them their current card lol, tho considering that soon terned to a lemon mybe that's all I deserved... lol

@TheVoxelman on twitter

with your bother in mind, i guess it wont be a bad idea to play console multiplayer/co-op games with him, and enjoy exclusives too.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Considering you passion for PC game, I'd go with the better gfx card over the PS3.

In the end it all depends on how badly you want the PS3 exclusives versus how much you value the up coming PC game that will strain your card.

Get a ps3, your bros will love you even more!

ok last chance to sway me ether way, I am leaning towards a new GPU...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I would go with a PS3 if I were you...the graphics card you want will probably drop in price rather soon.

yo_john117 said:
I would go with a PS3 if I were you...the graphics card you want will probably drop in price rather soon.

even if it did I wouldn't get them both as PS3 games are expensive 

@TheVoxelman on twitter