By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your favorite alcoholic drink to have while checking out the chartz!

Tagged games:

Favorite drink?

Beer 11 31.43%

Hard Liquor 9 25.71%

Wine 3 8.57%

Orange soda 5 14.29%

other 7 20.00%

Total:35

The US seems like it has the highest drinking age for any republic or pseudo democratic country. Does anybody out there know of another country where the legal drinking age is so high?

Around the Network

I'm generally a beer person - I usually like to go with the good ol' local brews. In particular I generally like stouts/porters, basically like Guiness but better. The local stuff tends to be pricier, but usually worth it, as they tend to be of higher quality and more delicious than the corporate junk. I do also enjoy me some wheat ale like Blue Moon and Hoegaarden, and cider such as Strongbow and Original Sin.

In terms of the hard stuff, rum and coke is usually my go to drink, and I've also recently developed a fondness for gin and tonic.

The hardest drink I drink whilst on the charts is usually a Coke

I'm not much of a drinker...had bad experiences because of it when I was younger. But I don't mind the occasional light drink like beer or Smirnoff.

spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:

I'm not much of a drinker...had bad experiences because of it when I was younger. But I don't mind the occasional light drink like beer or Smirnoff.

I usually prefer fruity type drinks because of the taste. But they had beer on clearance at my local Osco so I bought individual bottle for 50 cents a piece. Coke is actually very strong, hard on your liver and teeth!

Now that I have forced beer for so long and wine I now enjoy some of them. But the dark stuff is too bitter and strong for me.

Yeah fruity drinks are definitely the best!

And yes Coke is actually horrible for you. Probably does about the same thing as hard liquor does to your liver.

It's scary that Coke is more effective to clean up grease stains than most other things lol.

spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:

I usually prefer fruity type drinks because of the taste. But they had beer on clearance at my local Osco so I bought individual bottle for 50 cents a piece. Coke is actually very strong, hard on your liver and teeth!

Now that I have forced beer for so long and wine I now enjoy some of them. But the dark stuff is too bitter and strong for me.

Yeah fruity drinks are definitely the best!

And yes Coke is actually horrible for you. Probably does about the same thing as hard liquor does to your liver.

It's scary that Coke is more effective to clean up grease stains than most other things lol.

I heard that darker fluids are the hardest for the liver. But when it comes to acids it is the citris sodas that are the worst. So a citris based alcholic drink is probably the meanest! Still I seem to be addicted to sodas sadly.

Yeah soda is pretty addictive. I try to limit myself to not drink so much anymore (I used to drink rather insane amounts)

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

The US seems like it has the highest drinking age for any republic or pseudo democratic country. Does anybody out there know of another country where the legal drinking age is so high?

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/LegalDrinkingAge.html

According to that site the only countries its 21 are USA, Pakistan, Fiji, Palau and Sri Lanka. It doesn't list any that are higher than 21.

I know there are some where its no alcohol at all (Saudi Arabia I think) but obvsiously that's hardly a democratic country. 

Marks said:
chocoloco said:

According to that site the only countries its 21 are USA, Pakistan, Fiji, Palau and Sri Lanka. It doesn't list any that are higher than 21.

I know there are some where its no alcohol at all (Saudi Arabia I think) but obvsiously that's hardly a democratic country. 

Wow that is interesting thanks. It seems like the countries you listed are all very religous countries. It seems that America with its background with puratinsm has really caused my country to have some strange laws concerning alcohol. I just think that many people who are able to drink earlier in life learn to respect it dangerous. Well in America we do not learn this respect as early and it results in many College students going crazy binging on excessive amounts of booze. Well I am way past 21, but I still think the legal drinking age  should be lowered.   

chocoloco said:
Marks said:
chocoloco said:

Wow that is interesting thanks. It seems like the countries you listed are all very religous countries. It seems that America with its background with puratinsm has really caused my country to have some strange laws concerning alcohol. I just think that many people who are able to drink earlier in life learn to respect it dangerous. Well in America we do not learn this respect as early and it results in many College students going crazy binging on excessive amounts of booze. Well I am way past 21, but I still think the legal drinking age  should be lowered.   

I couldn't agree more with you there. Its not like there is more alcoholism in Europe where the age tends to be between 16-18 years, plus like you said people learn to drink responsibly if they have alcohol earlier in life. 

Parents should let their kids have the occasional beer/wine when they are teens I think like my parents did. Because if parents continually tell their kids they can't drink it just makes them want it more and then the first chance they get to drink will probably be binge drinking. 

1. Raspberry Iced Tea
  2. Fuze
  3. Chick-fil-A Strawberry Milkshake
  4. McDonlads Caramel Frappe
  5. Bud Light Lime

I chose other

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

im straight edge