By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Wagram said:

Epic on so many levels.

Boss music in games is a big thing to me, in Demon's Souls the boss music was meh not to amazing, but Dark Souls...man really sets it up.

Around the Network

I just got to the end of the PAINTED WORLD, but I didn't bother killing the boss because she didn't attack me! Will I be missing anything important leaving her alone?

Also just beat the bed if chaos boss, I'm sure I'm nearing the end now As ive also defeated the four kings and I've just been defeated by the seath, by I don't think you can Beat him first time can you?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

lestatdark said:
JGarret said:

I don´t like grinding/farming for souls, but I´ve found a pretty good spot to do it...in Undead Burg, after you defeat the Taurus , you have to cross a bridge with a lot of enemies and a red dragon breathing fire,which kills all of them (and you, if you´re not careful) for 300 souls ...about halfway through you go right and find a shortcut to your bonfire by kicking down a ladder...rest, then go back to the bridge and quickly go down the stairs again, just as the dragon starts breathing fire...it will kill all of the enemies again, 300 more souls.

Maybe you´ll get hit by the fire once, but it´s not enough to kill you, just be careful not to get hit a second or third time.

300 souls per turn!!..not bad this early in the game!

That's the best farming spot early game. You can farm 300 souls per minute if you know what you're doing, maybe even faster. 

Once you get a bit further in the game, you'll find another spot where you can get almost 9K souls per 5 minutes, which is considered to be the second best farming spot. As for number one, it's much, much later in the game, 12K souls per minute (40,5K per minute on NG+).

I also discovered this when i attempted to kill the red dragon. it took me like 70 attempts (i know because of the ammount of arrows i used to lure it down) but i amassed so many souls in that time, and i managed to kill it. for a measly 10,000 souls.

not that it helped much, i'm now in Blighttown. this area is just like Valley of Defilement in Demon's Souls. but that swamp at the bottom is ridiculously hard, the enemies seem to keep respawning?

StokedUp said:
I just got to the end of the PAINTED WORLD, but I didn't bother killing the boss because she didn't attack me! Will I be missing anything important leaving her alone?

Also just beat the bed if chaos boss, I'm sure I'm nearing the end now As ive also defeated the four kings and I've just been defeated by the seath, by I don't think you can Beat him first time can you?

You'll miss her souls, which is required to create an unique scythe, and her tail drops an unique dagger.  Plus, there's a trophy for defeating her. 

You can't beat Seath the first time you face him (at the top of that large stairway after coming from the elevator), since he's basically immortal. Even on the normal fight, if you don't know the trick to it, you can't damage him as well.

@A203D - The mosquito enemies keep respawning as long as you're within the range that they can see you. They won't trouble you if you go a bit further than their spawning point. To be honest, I find the dart enemies much more annoying, since they can put the Toxic state on you on an instant, even with high poison resistance. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Is it possible for a Sorcerer class to train Pyromancer spells? I accidently killed the Pyro trainer in the depths trying to free him from the barrel. The 2nd Pyro trainer in Blighttown says I need to give her something.

I went outside once, the graphics were great but the gameplay sucked!

Around the Network
Bigsilvs said:
Is it possible for a Sorcerer class to train Pyromancer spells? I accidently killed the Pyro trainer in the depths trying to free him from the barrel. The 2nd Pyro trainer in Blighttown says I need to give her something.

You mean Quelaana (a black-robed witch)? Odd, she usually only appears after you have a Pyromancer Flame +10 in your inventory. I think that you won't be able to get her pyro spells (and you've already missed a couple by killing Laurentius) until you do. 

There's a third pyro trainer, once you defeat Quelaag. Going down the stairway near the bell there, there's a hidden path on the right side of the bottom of the stairway, which is protected by a talking egg guy. If you say yes to his question, he'll let you through and you'll be able to get a Pyromancer's Flame and upgrade it to +10, allowing you to talk/interact with Quelaana.

And yes, sorcerors can train Pyromancer spells, as can any other class.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Hellkite Dragon fell rather swiftly to my tank/melee build on NG++ XD. Flash Sweat + Iron Flesh = Insignificant amount of damage from his breath attacks.

Current PC Build

What bow do you need to use the dragonslayer arrows? Also is it possible to buy the arrows I'm sure I might of seen them in a blacksmiths inventory.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
What bow do you need to use the dragonslayer arrows? Also is it possible to buy the arrows I'm sure I might of seen them in a blacksmiths inventory.

It's the Dragonslayer Greatbow. It's found on a secret path on the top of the area prior to the boss fight. There's a window that's shattered and you can go outside to a ledge, follow that ledge and you'll see a treasure on the left side. You'll either have to roll or jump to get there (it's on a fenced area) and if you miss, you'll be back at the entrance guarded by the two Giant Soldiers.

It's possible to buy them, but they're very expensive, at 500 each.

Current PC Build

The only covenant that sounds really annoying is the Blade of the Darkmoon. I'm assuming I have to invade and kill 10 people. That's probably going to take forever.