By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

blkfish92 said:
Wagram said:
blkfish92 said:

Well on ng++ I can't beat the 4 kings, for the love of god if someone is within the level range of about 140 please help me! I need to beat them now to join the covenant, it's the only coevenant I need left. HELP!!

Didn't do all that stuff on Playthrough 1?

My current plan is to wipe everything out on the first playthrough and leave the souls collections for my 2nd and 3rd.

Ya I didn't use a guide for 1st playthrough and on the 2nd I was too late =(

Not really using a guide myself. Just making sure I hit all the areas.

Around the Network

I swear sometimes the game just plain messes with you. I have done the path through the Firelink Shrine to Four Kings over a dozen times without getting hit, and now that I try to help someone the fucking ghosts all gang up like I was a piñata on their birthday.... >___>

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Just beat the boss at Anor Londo. One of the funnest boss fights I have ever had.

It really is a matter of luck getting summoned by someone on your friend list. It's a shame From and Namco didn't make this more accessible (Demon's Souls was easier to play with friends).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

If I can just get through the 4 kings I can have my platinum by the end of the week.......>.>

Around the Network

Bleh, I just spent some dragon scales upgrading priscilla's dagger. I really like daggers and this one has the best dex scaling but, sadly the worst critical of the group (which is what I like most about daggers). Bleh....can't win. I liked daggers a lot more in Demon's Souls :(

EncodedNybble said:
Bleh, I just spent some dragon scales upgrading priscilla's dagger. I really like daggers and this one has the best dex scaling but, sadly the worst critical of the group (which is what I like most about daggers). Bleh....can't win. I liked daggers a lot more in Demon's Souls :(

It you're really that much into crits, try the Bandit's Dagger. It has the best critical of every weapon in the game (You can do crits of over 2K with a Hornet Ring equipped)

Current PC Build

I don´t like grinding/farming for souls, but I´ve found a pretty good spot to do it...in Undead Burg, after you defeat the Taurus , you have to cross a bridge with a lot of enemies and a red dragon breathing fire,which kills all of them (and you, if you´re not careful) for 300 souls ...about halfway through you go right and find a shortcut to your bonfire by kicking down a ladder...rest, then go back to the bridge and quickly go down the stairs again, just as the dragon starts breathing fire...it will kill all of the enemies again, 300 more souls.

Maybe you´ll get hit by the fire once, but it´s not enough to kill you, just be careful not to get hit a second or third time.

300 souls per turn!!..not bad this early in the game!

JGarret said:

I don´t like grinding/farming for souls, but I´ve found a pretty good spot to do it...in Undead Burg, after you defeat the Taurus , you have to cross a bridge with a lot of enemies and a red dragon breathing fire,which kills all of them (and you, if you´re not careful) for 300 souls ...about halfway through you go right and find a shortcut to your bonfire by kicking down a ladder...rest, then go back to the bridge and quickly go down the stairs again, just as the dragon starts breathing fire...it will kill all of the enemies again, 300 more souls.

Maybe you´ll get hit by the fire once, but it´s not enough to kill you, just be careful not to get hit a second or third time.

300 souls per turn!!..not bad this early in the game!

That's the best farming spot early game. You can farm 300 souls per minute if you know what you're doing, maybe even faster. 

Once you get a bit further in the game, you'll find another spot where you can get almost 9K souls per 5 minutes, which is considered to be the second best farming spot. As for number one, it's much, much later in the game, 12K souls per minute (40,5K per minute on NG+).

Current PC Build

Epic on so many levels.