By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Farming the Zombie Dragons from Lost Izalith on the top of the pillar with the bonfire while they all kill each other? Priceless

Free 100K souls

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Giant clams drop Twinkling Titanites ??!! D: . I can't believe no one told me about this D: , it is definitely the most important material out there.

Today I had my first PVP , I was invaded three times in the forest, Killed them all one after another, felt so good xD, they couldn't handle my black knight sword +5 thanks to my good endurance , three attacks on the shield and the fourth right on the head (two handed) :p .

This game is without any doubt my favorite this generation, dethroned MGS4, 60 hours and still haven't finished the first playthought yet <_<

VXIII said:

Giant clams drop Twinkling Titanites ??!! D: . I can't believe no one told me about this D: , it is definitely the most important material out there.

Today I had my first PVP , I was invaded three times in the forest, Killed them all one after another, felt so good xD, they couldn't handle my black knight sword +5 thanks to my good endurance , three attacks on the shield and the fourth right on the head (two handed) :p .

This game is without any doubt my favorite this generation, dethroned MGS4, 60 hours and still haven't finished the first playthought yet <_<

Forgot to mention it XD. But the drop is very rare (almost as rare as a Titanite Slab from the Darkwraiths) so it's not a viable form of farming them. Much easier and faster on the 5 respawnable (till a certain point) crystal lizards on The Great Hollow. 

Forest PVP is awesome, but it sucks major time if you're part of the Forest Hunter Covenant, since you can be a level 50 guy against a level 200

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
VXIII said:

Forgot to mention it XD. But the drop is very rare (almost as rare as a Titanite Slab from the Darkwraiths) so it's not a viable form of farming them. Much easier and faster on the 5 respawnable (till a certain point) crystal lizards on The Great Hollow. 

Forest PVP is awesome, but it sucks major time if you're part of the Forest Hunter Covenant, since you can be a level 50 guy against a level 200

I killed all the lizards in the great hollow multi-times, I don't think they are respawnable anymore. anyway, I still have 10 unused Twinkling Titanites, I'm sparing them for BK greataxe or BK Spear, whichever comes first :p

VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:

I killed all the lizards in the great hollow multi-times, I don't think they are respawnable anymore. anyway, I still have 10 unused Twinkling Titanites, I'm sparing them for BK greataxe or BK Spear, whichever comes first :p

Trust me, you'll want to spend them on the Axe instead. Not only is it much stronger, it's got also a better attack span (the horizontal range on it is insane), attacks as fast as the Halberd and the forward + R2 one hand attack is one of the best in the game. 

Also, it scales B with STR too, and since patch 1.04 is supposed to address scaling (and lack of it), I don't see how you can go wrong with it.

Current PC Build

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:

Trust me, you'll want to spend them on the Axe instead. Not only is it much stronger, it's got also a better attack span (the horizontal range on it is insane), attacks as fast as the Halberd and the forward + R2 one hand attack is one of the best in the game. 

Also, it scales B with STR too, and since patch 1.04 is supposed to address scaling (and lack of it), I don't see how you can go wrong with it.

I'll keep that in mind, appreciate it.

Found the perfect (so far) ultimate tank build for my character xD.

Havel's and Ring of Protection, full Smough, Grass Crest Shield for Stamina Regen and Two-Hand my BK Greataxe.

1600 HP, 200 Stamina, ability to hit for 500 and soak an immense amount of damage (even backstabs), over 300 in each resistance (elemental) and 400 defense.

This build is a beast, I've won 10 matches in a row on Kiln. Forget Harpies farming, this is where is at!!

Edit - Make that 20 and counting... I'm just 1 Souvenir away from getting the required 10 XD.

Current PC Build

Weird glitch just happened now. I was using the Blue Eye Orb to invade (finally got my last souvenir afterwards), but instead of invading as a spirit of vengeance, I invaded as a Dragon Spirit :-|

The game assumed I was part of the Path of the Dragon covenant for whatever reason o.o

Current PC Build

What's a good faith weapon?? Or do I have to just upgrade to divine/occult??

blkfish92 said:
What's a good faith weapon?? Or do I have to just upgrade to divine/occult??

Divine weapons are the best Faith ones, since most of them get an A for scalability. A Divine Scythe works wonders for a Faith build, if you're willing to invest on a few points in Dex.

Current PC Build