By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Gestures have no real value in-game. People use it on PVP normally to bow before a match (for courtesy) or to taunt other players too.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@lestat:
Paladin Set. (From B-Phantom in the tome of giants) Only the shield is a crystal-item, and i am shocked - its irrepearable, but i used it since the middle of my first playthrough, and it didnt break until now. O_o!

oh, and thanks!

@garret: Sorry, of course only for interaction with other players.

@Gesutres overall: They are pretty much useless if used on NPCs. fact.
(Edit @Lestat: Ah damn, somehow overlooked your posted, that makes my explanation useless alright.. but i confirm your statement, that has to be something xP)

PS: I can confirm that the list for the weapons on PS3trophies.org is accurate. =) (As is the pther stuff. to be quite honest, the official strategy guide is actually WRONG. he doesnt miss anything, but he sure had a weapon to much in its list. i never had or have the Sword from a female Ghost (and i dont know how to tell the difference between those) and still got the trophy. i can tell since a fellow on a german board has the guide.

(Could be that i had it somewhere between the 300+ weapons i had stored, but i only could find the jagged ghost blade in my inventory.)

So yeah, Internetz (Wikispaces Dark Souls wiki + PS3trophies.org) > Strategy Guide

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:

@lestat: They didnt, but i do have all 5 arrows now., with 50 int. =) Resistance/Agility/ Spellslots are seriously lacking, ut STR/INT/VIT/FAITH are imped beyond belief. (50/50/70/50)

@wagram: Kite them around the obstacles, wait for the first one to come around. / Ignore them. / throw Blackfirebombs while standing in the entrance. / Use Strong Magic Shield and go berserk.

@Garret: Gesture's arent worth a bunch, they are for interacting with others. (Sorry i am not lestat ^^)

------

@topic:

... ^_^ plat!

Whoa congrats on plat! I'll be there soon enough too =D

Crystalchild said:

@lestat:
Paladin Set. (From B-Phantom in the tome of giants) Only the shield is a crystal-item, and i am shocked - its irrepearable, but i used it since the middle of my first playthrough, and it didnt break until now. O_o!

oh, and thanks!

@garret: Sorry, of course only for interaction with other players.

@Gesutres overall: They are pretty much useless if used on NPCs. fact.
(Edit @Lestat: Ah damn, somehow overlooked your posted, that makes my explanation useless alright.. but i confirm your statement, that has to be something xP)

PS: I can confirm that the list for the weapons on PS3trophies.org is accurate. =) (As is the pther stuff. to be quite honest, the official strategy guide is actually WRONG. he doesnt miss anything, but he sure had a weapon to much in its list. i never had or have the Sword from a female Ghost (and i dont know how to tell the difference between those) and still got the trophy. i can tell since a fellow on a german board has the guide.

(Could be that i had it somewhere between the 300+ weapons i had stored, but i only could find the jagged ghost blade in my inventory.)

So yeah, Internetz (Wikispaces Dark Souls wiki + PS3trophies.org) > Strategy Guide

Paladin's Set, now that's a good one. Pretty nice not to have it break on you, probably even though they have less durability and are irrepareable they might decrease their durability in a lower rate than normal shields (just like it's harder to deal damage on Crystal enemies).

Well, I don't have to bother with that since I got both Ghost Blades And yes, the Ghost Blade is dropped from a "female" ghost. Those are the Banshees and there are only a couple of them, so it was pure luck that it had dropped on me. 

@All - Question: Has anyone of you met a Vagrant item online? Supposedly some of the items dropped by other players online come back to life, after a period of time, and haunt random player worlds. The rarer the item dropped, the stronger the vagrant. I'm asking this because I haven't seen one at all, and if there are more people like me, there should be a truckload of vagrants in-game for anyone (I basically drop duplicates of everything, except for Rings of Sacrifice).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Hmm. I don't even use magic. Lol.

Just haven't gotten to the part where I can spam level ups yet.

Around the Network

That tower Knight was 30x harder then Priscilla.

Wagram said:

Butkilling her is  30 times more sad.

i think she is the equivalent to the Maiden from Demons Souls (5-3), even though Astraea is unmatched, by far. just epic. i really didnt WANT to do something bad to her, but the game forced me to in order to progress. <.<

=(  i liked her, i ragekilled her first for having such a weird Dungeon around her, but when i got used to it, i decided to spare her on any other walkthrough from now on.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Fighting the titanite demons in Sen's Fortress is a pain in the ass. I killed 2 of them by using cheap tactics, but fighting the other one while being hit by the one behind it is absolutely hard. Not to mention the freaking muddy ground which restricts your moves. Should I come back later or is there something really important past those 2 titanite demons?

Crystalchild said:
Wagram said:

Butkilling her is  30 times more sad.

i think she is the equivalent to the Maiden from Demons Souls (5-3), even though Astraea is unmatched, by far. just epic. i really didnt WANT to do something bad to her, but the game forced me to in order to progress. <.<

=(  i liked her, i ragekilled her first for having such a weird Dungeon around her, but when i got used to it, i decided to spare her on any other walkthrough from now on.

I didn't even talk to Priscilla. I just went in swinging at her tail. Lol.

Hey Crystal Child could you give me some advice about Gwyndolin?

Should I join and betray the covenant or just kill the boss after I get the spells from them?