By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
2 trophys left (MAgic weapon + all rare weapons)

the miracles were kinda tricky, but it worked out fine.

PS: theres actually an interresting story between certain characters. O:

How did you get into the Warriors of Sunlight covenant? Did you had the required 50 Faith, or did you help as a white phantom a lot?

at the very beginning i started playing, i tried soul signs a bit, which erased 10 faith. But yes, i am L200, having goddamn 50 faith.

And i still have 9 Million Souls left to spare.. got 1,5M from Harpy farming alone.

Where did you get the other 7.5 M?  

I barely have more than 200K at any given time.

those guys i told you PVPing me. some of them dropped the ammount you mentioned, 200k. i guess they were using the dupe glitch, but i didnt hesitate to use them, since the game stopped beeing a challenge in NG++. even NG+ wasnt hard if someone utilized his arsenal of spells the right way. i mean, just look at the homing Soularrows. they take pretty much anything down if all charges are used.

PS: Some of the Enemys in new Londo just drop 17k souls. and every bitch drops 3k+ (except undeads and trees, lol)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

Damn, I haven't even got many trophies at all :( Still enjoying the game and all, but, damn, you're breezing through.

Going to start a new pvp file to finish platinuming the game, just going to do the raw weapon and lightning weapon. And my pvp build will be faith =D

On current file I'm lvl 137 and I'm missing the pyros the egg guy sells and the great gravelord sword dance, missing the unique weapons, but not a lot at all, and I just need chaos weapon, magic, and divine weapon which is easy since I get the slabs for those in the playthrough.

Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
2 trophys left (MAgic weapon + all rare weapons)

the miracles were kinda tricky, but it worked out fine.

PS: theres actually an interresting story between certain characters. O:

How did you get into the Warriors of Sunlight covenant? Did you had the required 50 Faith, or did you help as a white phantom a lot?

at the very beginning i started playing, i tried soul signs a bit, which erased 10 faith. But yes, i am L200, having goddamn 50 faith.

And i still have 9 Million Souls left to spare.. got 1,5M from Harpy farming alone.

Where did you get the other 7.5 M?  

I barely have more than 200K at any given time.

those guys i told you PVPing me. some of them dropped the ammount you mentioned, 200k. i guess they were using the dupe glitch, but i didnt hesitate to use them, since the game stopped beeing a challenge in NG++. even NG+ wasnt hard if someone utilized his arsenal of spells the right way. i mean, just look at the homing Soularrows. they take pretty much anything down if all charges are used.

PS: Some of the Enemys in new Londo just drop 17k souls. and every bitch drops 3k+ (except undeads and trees, lol)

Does your Homing Soulmass have all the 5 arrows? Because at 25 Int mine still has only 3 per cast. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

How am I supposed to kill over 20ish Phalanxs all at once?

Around the Network

lestat, I started playing the game today...when I press the select button, the 'gestures menu' appears..what are gestures for?

@lestat: They didnt, but i do have all 5 arrows now., with 50 int. =) Resistance/Agility/ Spellslots are seriously lacking, ut STR/INT/VIT/FAITH are imped beyond belief. (50/50/70/50)

@wagram: Kite them around the obstacles, wait for the first one to come around. / Ignore them. / throw Blackfirebombs while standing in the entrance. / Use Strong Magic Shield and go berserk.

@Garret: Gesture's arent worth a bunch, they are for interacting with others. (Sorry i am not lestat ^^)

------

@topic:

... ^_^ plat!

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:

@lestat: They didnt, but i do have all 5 arrows now., with 50 int. =) Resistance/Agility/ Spellslots are seriously lacking, ut STR/INT/VIT/FAITH are imped beyond belief. (50/50/70/50)

@wagram: Kite them around the obstacles, wait for the first one to come around. / Ignore them. / throw Blackfirebombs while standing in the entrance. / Use Strong Magic Shield and go berserk.

@Garret: Gesture's arent worth a bunch, they are for interacting with others. (Sorry i am not lestat ^^)

------

@topic:

... ^_^ plat!

Thanks!...but by 'others', you mean NPCs?...people you meet online?..both?..any real consequence to using a gesture, depending on the person, occasion?

Wagram said:
How am I supposed to kill over 20ish Phalanxs all at once?

Crystal's tactics are prety good, but if you have some decent pyro's like Combustion or Fire Orb (Chaos Great Fireball is even better) you can throw them at the group. They're weak against Fire and while they're all couple together you can take a lot of them down with a single cast. Even on NG+, three casts of Chaos Great Fireball is all that takes to whittle down the group to 4 or 5 scattered ones. 

@Crystal - Congrats on the plat, you really breezed through the game . Also, are you using the Crystal set? Isn't that a bit of a risk since it's very easy to break and isn't repairable? 

My top stats are STR/VIT/END (50/40/46) at level 131. I'm currently boosting END so I can go full Havel/Smough without being over the 50% Limit (With Havel's Ring). 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lol, quit worrying about the gestures :) They're just that, gestures. It is unknown (but assumed that) if they do nothing to NPCs. It's more of used for online stuff since you can't chat. You can wave people over, bow, whatever.

Or you can just use them to look goofy. So far no NPCs have reacted differently to me, but maybe they do somehow though that obviously isn't needed for the platinum trophy.