By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
Smough+Ornsteinn + Supersmough with 1 flask used on NG++.. i feel ashamed that i had to use one. =( .. but atleast first try.

PS: 3k Souls per killed Enemy is .. sick.

Damn....you're progressing fast :-|

How much souls did Smough and Orsntein dropped?

98k or something like that, gaping dragon was 80(,750) ^^

jus' running through the dungeons, i could be much further, because running through a level naked, takes like 4-5 minutes, killing the boss another 2. ^^

Odd, Smough and Ornstein dropped 120K for me and Gaping Dragon dropped 90K. I was using the Covetous Silver Ring, but even without it (a 20% discount) the souls increase doesn't seem that much.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
Smough+Ornsteinn + Supersmough with 1 flask used on NG++.. i feel ashamed that i had to use one. =( .. but atleast first try.

PS: 3k Souls per killed Enemy is .. sick.

Damn....you're progressing fast :-|

How much souls did Smough and Orsntein dropped?

98k or something like that, gaping dragon was 80(,750) ^^

jus' running through the dungeons, i could be much further, because running through a level naked, takes like 4-5 minutes, killing the boss another 2. ^^

Odd, Smough and Ornstein dropped 120K for me and Gaping Dragon dropped 90K. I was using the Covetous Silver Ring, but even without it (a 20% discount) the souls increase doesn't seem that much.

i am pretty sure i got 75k from gaping last time , 80ish this time. so yeah, NG+ to NG++ is nowhere near the difference of the first two playthroughs

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

I always found in DEMON SOULS that when you got by NG+ that the next NEW Games weren't all that harder, so is it the same in DARK SOULS, I should have my first play through finished by Friday, but I'm a massive grinder when it comes to RPGS I can spend a whole day just grinding. I recently just spent 5 hours grinding in anor londo.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Alright, opinion/question time. I'm currently in Anor Londo (just finished Painted World) and I'm trucking through. I've noticed that this seems to be the way through the plot.

I've also noticed that I haven't gone to some other places that I'd like to go to before "finishing" like the Demon's Ruins (or whatever), New Londo Ruins, the place in the basin behind the Hydra, the place in the basin where I had to use that 20k item to open and the valley of drakes.

So my question is, am I close to "the end"? Is there a shortcut from Ando Londo to the firelink shrine or do I have to go AL -> Sen's (take cage shortcut) -> Undead Parish -> Firelink?

EncodedNybble said:
Alright, opinion/question time. I'm currently in Anor Londo (just finished Painted World) and I'm trucking through. I've noticed that this seems to be the way through the plot.

I've also noticed that I haven't gone to some other places that I'd like to go to before "finishing" like the Demon's Ruins (or whatever), New Londo Ruins, the place in the basin behind the Hydra, the place in the basin where I had to use that 20k item to open and the valley of drakes.

So my question is, am I close to "the end"? Is there a shortcut from Ando Londo to the firelink shrine or do I have to go AL -> Sen's (take cage shortcut) -> Undead Parish -> Firelink?

Finishing Anor Londo gives you the ability to warp between major bonfires (the ones connected to a Fire Keeper, such as the one in Firelink or the one before the entrance of Demon's Ruins protected by Quelaag's sister). From there it's easier to access all surrounding areas faster.

Also, finishing Anor Londo puts your completion at about 50% - 60%. The major challenges are afterwards.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Attoyou said:
Level 125, already beat the game and on my second run

GOTY.

I think I was the only one who finished NG below level 85, and now I'm paying for it on NG+

Level 83 ha! Going to pay for it in NG+ severely, though

routsounmanman said:
lestatdark said:
Attoyou said:

GOTY.

I think I was the only one who finished NG below level 85, and now I'm paying for it on NG+

Level 81, take that!  

But yeah, you're going to pay for it XD. Not right from the start, but from Sen's Fortress onward it gets really tough >_<.  

Current PC Build

i hate this game right now. i went into the forest, to invade others. (To get those things to level up Darkmoon) .. after some time, ive been invaded 17 damn times (though i was victorious 14 times.. the 3 losses were to two doods at once, which have used some weird spell, that drains life no matter what i do, a little when holding a shield, and pretty much everything in seconds when unguarded) .. and yeah.. how often did I invade? 0 times..

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
i hate this game right now. i went into the forest, to invade others. (To get those things to level up Darkmoon) .. after some time, ive been invaded 17 damn times (though i was victorious 14 times.. the 3 losses were to two doods at once, which have used some weird spell, that drains life no matter what i do, a little when holding a shield, and pretty much everything in seconds when unguarded) .. and yeah.. how often did I invade? 0 times..

Darkmoon is really broken. It's even worse if you get summoned via the ring (if you get summoned at all) on Anor Londo, since there are no level restrictions for it. I ended up fighting a 2-1 fight with both guys being SL 300... 

I'll only get the souvenirs from the harpies on Aramis. The drop rate might be crap, but at least I know I can get them there.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
routsounmanman said:
lestatdark said:
Attoyou said:

GOTY.

Level 81, take that!  

But yeah, you're going to pay for it XD. Not right from the start, but from Sen's Fortress onward it gets really tough >_<.  

Damn it, thought I had you XD

The final boss was awesome, much better than the original's; also, since getting Crystal spells, my life as a Sorcerer has become x5 easier. On to the Platinum!