By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

lestatdark said:
I f***** hate super-smough. The little bastard seems to like only buttslaming his entire way through the battle. Of course, I can only burn through my estus flasks (the few that remain after taking care of ornstein) while the lightning shockwave takes bites out of my health.

i think the only thing it takes is practice, i thought super Smourg was damn easy, but i think thats because of our different playstyles. but yeah, once you get a hang on when to roll back into combat after the slam, youll eventually be successful. youre lestat, after all! beat this guy into the nexus!

@Stoked:
it isnt important if frampt vanished, the choice of how this game ends is made after the final battle.

SPOOOILER!!!!!!-----------

When you use the bonfire leading back, its the good ending. if you go back to the battlearea's entrance, its the bad one

SPOOOILER END

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
Sad news I need 3 (or 2 if crystal weaponry isn't titanite) titanite slabs and I'm at the end of my 2nd playthrough and I already wasted the one from the stray demon, what to do?

Did you pursue Siegmeyer's of Catalina quest line to the end? He gives you a Titanite Slab. 

Also, you can farm them out of the Darkwraiths in New Londo, but it's a very rare drop. It's better if you go there with a Covetous Gold Snake Ring and 30 Humanity (for a 410 Item Discovery rate). If you have a Symbol of Avarice, even better.

Symbol of avarice?

So I was just wandering around in the valley of the drakes and I see this massive dead dragon. "Pretty cool" I said to myself. Then it fucking started to come alive and I was like GODDAMN that is scary.

This game is pretty cool. But I suck at it. I've beaten the Taurus Demon, the black knight at the Undead Burg and I'm currently level 18 or so but I can't go anywhere now:

1) The mentioned black dragon at the Valley of the Drakes is easy to avoid but I probably need 1000+ arrows to kill it, so I guess it's of no use.
2) The other two paths I can take in that region are filled with either blue drakes which are unbeatable or with massive monsters which you can't block even with a huge shield.
3) I can't beat the skeletons at the graveyard.
4) The part with all the ghosts at New Londo Ruins is impossible for me at this point.
5) I opened the door right before the Taurus Demon and there is this fellow with a huge hammer that kills me in one hit.
6) The red dragon after the Taurus Demon kills me in 2 hits with his fire attack so I can't pass.

So I have 6 ways to continue this game but all 6 options are too hard for me and I'm kind of tired of grinding. Am I playing this game wrong?

Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
I f***** hate super-smough. The little bastard seems to like only buttslaming his entire way through the battle. Of course, I can only burn through my estus flasks (the few that remain after taking care of ornstein) while the lightning shockwave takes bites out of my health.

i think the only thing it takes is practice, i thought super Smourg was damn easy, but i think thats because of our different playstyles. but yeah, once you get a hang on when to roll back into combat after the slam, youll eventually be successful. youre lestat, after all! beat this guy into the nexus!

@Stoked:
it isnt important if frampt vanished, the choice of how this game ends is made after the final battle.

When you use the bonfire leading back, its the good ending. if you go back to the battlearea's entrance, its the bad one

SPOOOILER END

Already did. What's funny though is that I had no trouble beating Ornstein when they were both in the field >_>. It's just that he kept using that same slam over and over again (and I was trying to dodge it instead of blocking it, bad move). Onto Sif and then Four Kings. 

@blkfish92 - Symbol of Avarice is a very rare drop from the mimic chests (except the ones in Duke's Archives/Crystal Caves). It's a helmet that boosts Item Discovery by 200+, but consumes 5HP per second.

@Chrizum - The only path you should and must take is the 6th one. When you get to the middle part of the bridge with the dragon (keep running with your shield up and you'll only get hit once), there's a stairway on the right side that will allow you to go through the lower part of the bridge and through the dragon.

Undead Dragon can be beat melee, you can time attacks between his poison breath attack, but you must be fast and a longer range weapon (like a spear or Halberd) helps. The Drakes (the blue dragons) are impossible (or extremely difficult) to kill at your level. The skeletons need a Divine prefix weapon to be put down permanently, since even if you had access to a very strong weapon or magic, they'll just regenerate. You'll need a Transient Curse item to be able to hit the ghosts. That dude is Havel. It's beateable, but you'll need to rely only on backstabs, so it's better left to be dealt further on.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:

@Stoked:

SPOOOILER END

Already did. What's funny though is that I had no trouble beating Ornstein when they were both in the field >_>. It's just that he kept using that same slam over and over again (and I was trying to dodge it instead of blocking it, bad move). Onto Sif and then Four Kings. 

@blkfish92 - Symbol of Avarice is a very rare drop from the mimic chests (except the ones in Duke's Archives/Crystal Caves). It's a helmet that boosts Item Discovery by 200+, but consumes 5HP per second.

@Chrizum - The only path you should and must take is the 6th one. When you get to the middle part of the bridge with the dragon (keep running with your shield up and you'll only get hit once), there's a stairway on the right side that will allow you to go through the lower part of the bridge and through the dragon.

Undead Dragon can be beat melee, you can time attacks between his poison breath attack, but you must be fast and a longer range weapon (like a spear or Halberd) helps. The Drakes (the blue dragons) are impossible (or extremely difficult) to kill at your level. The skeletons need a Divine prefix weapon to be put down permanently, since even if you had access to a very strong weapon or magic, they'll just regenerate. You'll need a Transient Curse item to be able to hit the ghosts. That dude is Havel. It's beateable, but you'll need to rely only on backstabs, so it's better left to be dealt further on.

Thanks for the help. How many arrows do I need to shoot into the undead deagon to kill it? I only do 16 damage per arrow...

Also, I purchased the magic arrow magic (30 uses) but what if I use them all up? I can't seem to rebuy that magic. Is there any way to refill?

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:

@Stoked:

SPOOOILER END

Thanks for the help. How many arrows do I need to shoot into the undead deagon to kill it? I only do 16 damage per arrow...

Also, I purchased the magic arrow magic (30 uses) but what if I use them all up? I can't seem to rebuy that magic. Is there any way to refill?

3500 HP. It will take about 270 arrows to take him down. 

To recharge magic you need to go back to a bonfire. You only have a set number of charges per bonfire trip.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

just encountered Gwyn the second time.. O_o! hard. very hard. i'll have to relearn the pattern somehow, otherwise itll take aeons to kill him.

edit: Nah forget it, killed him third try with 2 flasks used

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:

just encountered Gwyn the second time.. O_o! hard. very hard. i'll have to relearn the pattern somehow, otherwise itll take aeons to kill him.

You're progressing rather nicely  

I'm still on Sif myself, but that's because I spent the last two hours PVP'ing in the forest xD. 

Current PC Build

Thanks again lest. And now for the million dollar question guys: how exactly does scaling work?

No one seems to know. How much extra damage per point of strength does your weapon do with a D rank? C rank? etc. I understand C is better than D but by how much? I want to know this because currently I can't make up my mind if I should level up for the Drake Sword or for the Astoria's Straight Sword.

lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:

You're progressing rather nicely  

I'm still on Sif myself, but that's because I spent the last two hours PVP'ing in the forest xD. 

for this, i'll make an alt character after obtaining the Platin trophy. my second will be using Miracle's (Slowdown) combined with a fast weapon and some magic defense. this char shouldnt be above L60, since i guess 155 is far to much to find enough enemy's. (though i never tried, my connection is pretty awful, which is why i play offline right now)

PS: i wanna have ur PSN ID o: