By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Oh wow, sorry for all the massive double posts >_>. This frigging site is being slow and weird as hell today.

@Luvtospooge - Demon's ruins are definetely the hardest choice of the three, and the most worthless since you won't be able to progress much further in, due to a barrier blocking your way that will only be lifted once you receive the Lordvessel.

Sen's fortress is the way to go if you want to continue the story, but it's a mid-high level area if you're going there right from ringing the bells. Your best option will be to continue exploring optional areas. There are three invisible enemies in the Darkroot Garden, although only the thief is the permanent one. Once you beat the two-handed sword knight and the bow invisible enemy, they'll be permanently dead.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Oh wow, sorry for all the massive double posts >_>. This frigging site is being slow and weird as hell today.

@Luvtospooge - Demon's ruins are definetely the hardest choice of the three, and the most worthless since you won't be able to progress much further in, due to a barrier blocking your way that will only be lifted once you receive the Lordvessel.

Sen's fortress is the way to go if you want to continue the story, but it's a mid-high level area if you're going there right from ringing the bells. Your best option will be to continue exploring optional areas. There are three invisible enemies in the Darkroot Garden, although only the thief is the permanent one. Once you beat the two-handed sword knight and the bow invisible enemy, they'll be permanently dead.

Quite the double posts lol

Makes me sad that I didn't choose the master key >.>

Some one has beaten this in  under an hour and a half.

Level1Death said:

holy shit, i may attempt a speedrun later, myself - and to be quite honest, when the locations are familiar, just running straight through isnt much of a problem - but he sure has some tricks there.. i mean, cutting the dragons tail in melee combat after luring it down, and running through the entrance after that very moment.. hats down, he knows what he's doin'.

@topic: 75% of the trophy's now.. The Miracle's, Weapons (have some boss souls still stocked up) , and then.. *UGH*.. the upgrading trophy's. i remember farming the black phantom skeletons in 4-1 for HOURS.. xD

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Those ghosts in Darkroot are very very annoying. I thought there was only 2 and then a visible one, but after killing 2 invisibile dudes, a visible mage started shooting its magic at me and to my horror i found out that 2 more ghosts and a tree were coming. I guess you guys can already know the outcome.

Around the Network
luvtospooge said:
Those ghosts in Darkroot are very very annoying. I thought there was only 2 and then a visible one, but after killing 2 invisibile dudes, a visible mage started shooting its magic at me and to my horror i found out that 2 more ghosts and a tree were coming. I guess you guys can already know the outcome.

You could join the forest convenant and those guys wont attack you, look for a broken up building with a cat in it.

blkfish92 said:
luvtospooge said:

You could join the forest convenant and those guys wont attack you, look for a broken up building with a cat in it.

Hm, but I already invested 2 humanities in Chaos Servant covenant. If I leave them and come back later, will those 2 humanities be gone?

Crystalchild said:
Level1Death said:

holy shit, i may attempt a speedrun later, myself - and to be quite honest, when the locations are familiar, just running straight through isnt much of a problem - but he sure has some tricks there.. i mean, cutting the dragons tail in melee combat after luring it down, and running through the entrance after that very moment.. hats down, he knows what he's doin'.

@topic: 75% of the trophy's now.. The Miracle's, Weapons (have some boss souls still stocked up) , and then.. *UGH*.. the upgrading trophy's. i remember farming the black phantom skeletons in 4-1 for HOURS.. xD

Is there a list somewhere of the required weapons for the trophy ?, I've heard that the Dark Sword and Darkwraith Armor Set are not required, if true then it is much easier as I attend to offer my 30 pieces humanity for the Chaos not the Dark covenant .

luvtospooge said:
blkfish92 said:
luvtospooge said:

Hm, but I already invested 2 humanities in Chaos Servant covenant. If I leave them and come back later, will those 2 humanities be gone?

They will. Each time you leave a covenant, it will always reset to the previous level you left it. At 2 humanities spent, you were still Chaos Servant without a level, so you won't lose much. Problem is when you have invested 10 or more humanities, bringing the level to +1 since it gets reset to 0 as if you didn't invest any humanity. Similar, if you had invested 30 to become +2, it would go down to +1 as if you had only invested 10 humanity. 

@VXIII - http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Knight%27s+Honor+Achievement+Guide Here you go.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

VXIII said:
Crystalchild said:
Level1Death said:

Is there a list somewhere of the required weapons for the trophy ?, I've heard that the Dark Sword and Darkwraith Armor Set are not required, if true then it is much easier as I attend to offer my 30 pieces humanity for the Chaos not the Dark covenant .

i'll go with this list (the list is listed in the listings for Lists about collectable's   .. xP)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dark-souls/129487-dark-souls-trophy-guide-roadmap-tips-strategies.html

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!