By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
The 4 Kings are kicking my ass constantly, I feel so cheated!

What strategy are you employing? Are you using Lightning weapons?

Unloading all my pyros then getting in there with my Iato, killing 1 by 1, the problem is I keep getting ripped off >.> I feel like I get hit lightly or I get hit really hard it's blasthamy I say!

How strong is your Pyro flame? Have you upgraded it to Quelaana's Pyro Flame? It boosts damage quite nicely (My Great Chaos Fireball, with 9 humanity, does 800 initial blast damage and 300 lava damage with my Quelaana's Pyro Flame +2).

You can kite each king to opposing corners and take them one by one. Also, it helps if you have a good poise armour so you can suck up their attacks and not flinch.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:

Unloading all my pyros then getting in there with my Iato, killing 1 by 1, the problem is I keep getting ripped off >.> I feel like I get hit lightly or I get hit really hard it's blasthamy I say!

How strong is your Pyro flame? Have you upgraded it to Quelaana's Pyro Flame? It boosts damage quite nicely (My Great Chaos Fireball, with 9 humanity, does 800 initial blast damage and 300 lava damage with my Quelaana's Pyro Flame +2).

You can kite each king to opposing corners and take them one by one. Also, it helps if you have a good poise armour so you can suck up their attacks and not flinch.

My flame is maxed out with quelana's flame, I'm just so sick of getting jumped if I can't manage to take 1 out. I'll try to kite them to corners I guess.

blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:

My flame is maxed out with quelana's flame, I'm just so sick of getting jumped if I can't manage to take 1 out. I'll try to kite them to corners I guess.

What pyros are you using then? Chaos Pyros are the best, but their power is related to how much humanity you have (the max power is achieved at 10 humanity). Since the Kings don't move around that much, you can take advantage of Chaos Pyros causing constant lava damage.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:

What pyros are you using then? Chaos Pyros are the best, but their power is related to how much humanity you have (the max power is achieved at 10 humanity). Since the Kings don't move around that much, you can take advantage of Chaos Pyros causing constant lava damage.

Just won!!

I'm using great and normal combustion, fire orb and great fireball..I'd rather not use chaos pyro as it takes two slots and I don't want to level my attunement very much. So relieved!

blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
blkfish92 said:

Just won!!

I'm using great and normal combustion, fire orb and great fireball..I'd rather not use chaos pyro as it takes two slots and I don't want to level my attunement very much. So relieved!

Congrats

Well, you could use a ring to give you extra attunement slots. But I see your point. 

Current PC Build

Around the Network

I just joined the Chaos Covenant. What counts as a Daughter of Chaos? I don't want to hurt them.

How do you use pyromancy spells?

Wagram said:
I just joined the Chaos Covenant. What counts as a Daughter of Chaos? I don't want to hurt them.

Daughters of Chaos are Quelaag's sister, the egg guy and Quelaana on Blightown. 

@luvtospooge - First you need to have a Pyromancer flame, you can get one from either Laurentius (he can be rescued from the early start of The Depths) or the egg guy.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Wagram said:

@luvtospooge - First you need to have a Pyromancer flame, you can get one from either Laurentius (he can be rescued from the early start of The Depths) or the egg guy.

Well the egg guy turned into an omelette. I guess my only way is Laurentius. Hmm I remember saving him, where does he reside now?

luvtospooge said:
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:

Well the egg guy turned into an omelette. I guess my only way is Laurentius. Hmm I remember saving him, where does he reside now?

He's on Firelink Shrine. Going up the first flight of stairs in the direction of the cemetery, turn left and he'll be sitting there.

Current PC Build