By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

StokedUp said:
luvtospooge said:
Blighttown is harder than I expected. Just saying.

seriously dude, i hated that region, HATED hated! i loved how it looked (like most environments in this game) but man i think i entered that region far to early, i struggled and very slowly and painfully edged through it, i also lost so many souls aswell. but when i finally got to the boss i found it suprisingly easy. But now when i go there i laugh at those foes :)

i thought blighttown was quite easy,  beeing a beautyful designed place. (Even though the flies that respawn infinite were awful)   *thinks about an area i might have disliked*. .. hmh.. if any, the first area, with the bell gargoyle. i couldnt help to compare that place to Boletaria Castle the whole time, and the latter was just better in pretty much every way possible. (IMO! - in terms of atmosphere and artstyle)  another area i am dissapointed with, is Firelink shrine. it isnt supposed to be 'the new nexus', but it pretty much feels like it. something like the Hyrulian Plains like in Zelda OoT that connects places would have been much better imo.

but else then that, i love Lordran!

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:
I need help massively, I just ventured all the way to the bottom of the tomb of giants only to be told I couldn't go through that yellow light, how the fook do I get out of there now??

You need to go back, there's nothing you can do until you find the Lordvessel on Anor Londo. That yellow barrier will go down then. It's the same in the entrance of Dukes Archives, Lost Izalith and New Londo. 

@player1x3 - I hope everyone who uses that save glitch exploit gets it's save corrupted. Them and every other damn hacker in the game. 

@blkfish92 - I'm at 70 hours and SL 100. I spent a lot of time farming very rare drops on the previous playthrough and finished NG at SL 85.

how are they hackers? They didn't hack anything. They are just using a smart exploit to their advantage

Hackers, glitchers, soul dupers and exploiters all fall in the same bag to me. Every game can be broken if you try hard enough, it doesn't make it any less unfair to the rest of people.

I've seen plenty of ping exploits who are using extremely high pings and latency to screw everyone on PVP. It really is nice when you're trying to fight some invader and you see him zooming around in front of you and after a few frames you're getting backstabbed. And I have a very high speed connection with very low latency and ping.

If you can't be bothered to play the game correctly, why play it at all? Sure you can be at SL 300 even on the first playthrough using exploits, but if you do then do everyone else a favor and stay the fuck away from the online component and don't ruin it for everyone else.

How can you all put them in the same bag when they are not doing the same thing? It seems illogical to me. The things you described there are different as they effect other players in player vs. player fight. This glitch however doesnt effect anyone in bad way whatsoever so I fail to see whats wrong with it. I cant even begin to describe how many times  From Software tricked me into death in this game, now its some payback time !!!

I put them in the same bag because it pisses me off. There are people trying to achieve something that's called a challenge (getting the platinum) and then some people come along and just use every kind of exploit to bypass that challenge and then consider themselves to be actually good players. 

Why does it piss you off? It doesnt effect you in any way. Its just an ''easy way out'' for people who dont have as much patientce, nerves or time as you to replay everything over and over again. Your free to do the glitch and get the trophies easier way if you want as well !

It's annoying, it's frustrating and it's downright deplorable. If you don't have the skills to beat the game properly then stay away from it. No one forced you to buy the game, no one promised you the game was easy, everyone knew what they were in for. From Software never tricked you into anything, you knew the challenge and the consequences for failure before you got the game. If you can justify glitching your way through the game to beat it, then congrats for you, you just took all the fun from it. 

But WHY DO YOU CARE HOW OTHER PEOPLE GO AROUND THE GAME?? You are also free to do the glitch if you want, and yo are also free to do it the harder way, but you shouldnt be so botherd what other people do if it doesnt effect you? Its their game, let them play how they want it.

And yes, this glitch will be used online to give people advantage over the rest. If you never risk losing your souls nor humanity because you don't have the courage to start again from the nearest checkpoint, then you're just creating an artificial Easy mode where you'll level up much faster than the rest of the pack. Also, PVP will be annuled, since you can basically switch off the game during the death animation, preventing the other player from beating you officialy (gaining your souls and some of your humanity).

No, you DO LOSE your souls, the trick is, your spawned right in front of your bloodstain with no enemies respwaned. The vicotrious player will gain souls and the defeated one will lose, but he will be near his bloodstain, so again, it doesnt effect anything.

You don't get it do you? I'm not saying you're going to abuse that glitch for online purposes, but it's bound to happen. That glitch is also doable on PVP and that can and will screw up people who win against invading phantoms or screw up anyone who's invading because the people on the other side can just force the game out and the other person can't get the souls/humanity/covenant related items because of that glitch.

That's what pisses me off the most in this. This and the fact that while people are working hard to complete the game the legit way, there comes along glitchers breaking the game and it doesn't wonder me some of them will post "lol, Dark Souls was too easy".

Anyway, have fun till version 1.04.

@Crystalchild - Congrats on beating both of them again in such superb manner

@StokedUp - Just wait until you can upgrade to Havel's Shield. That thing's a fortress XD.

@Luvtospooge - I thought that Blightown was easier than Valley of Defilement. The only bothersome thing was the infinite respawnable mosquitoes on the swamp which were more of a nuisance than anything.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Damn, the Gaping Dragon gains a truckload of HP in NG+ :-|. It's literally over 9000

He does drop a truckload of souls too though, 100K xD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Damn, the Gaping Dragon gains a truckload of HP in NG+ :-|. It's literally over 9000

its funny how much some of they have, eh? i think it would be insane, facing bosses like.. (have no example right now xP) with starting gear lol. ^^

i am Firewheel/Nito/Priscilla/ThatTreeThingInIzalith/Gwyndolin/Gwyn/Seath away from finish it the second time. .. tho' ill spend much time in farming this playthrough, and dieing in frustration when trying o cut seaths tail off lol. :D

Centipede Demon was funny, he oneshotted me with his jump, but overall, he was quite easy, not a single flask on the second try. Some of the bosses should have really been improved in more then just Str/Health.. poor Sif, he deserved to be more of a Pain, imo.

edit ~ by the way, i joined and maxed (well, until i got the armor and sword) Darkwraith..and they are, by far, my favourite Covenant right now, since they are the only ones that explain what the heck is going on in that game. xD.. but well, left them to join Chaos, i wonder when the egg will grow (ewww... but i have the cure stocked up ;P) i am R2 there i think (since i got the second pyromancy spell from her) but i didnt see any shortcut to Izalith, nor can i buy spells from that Eggy merchant.. ;/

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:

its funny how much some of they have, eh? i think it would be insane, facing bosses like.. (have no example right now xP) with starting gear lol. ^^

i am Firewheel/Nito/Priscilla/ThatTreeThingInIzalith/Gwyndolin/Gwyn/Seath away from finish it the second time. .. tho' ill spend much time in farming this playthrough, and dieing in frustration when trying o cut seaths tail off lol. :D

Centipede Demon was funny, he oneshotted me with his jump, but overall, he was quite easy, not a single flask on the second try. Some of the bosses should have really been improved in more then just Str/Health.. poor Sif, he deserved to be more of a Pain, imo.

edit ~ by the way, i joined and maxed (well, until i got the armor and sword) Darkwraith..and they are, by far, my favourite Covenant right now, since they are the only ones that explain what the heck is going on in that game. xD.. but well, left them to join Chaos, i wonder when the egg will grow (ewww... but i have the cure stocked up ;P) i am R2 there i think (since i got the second pyromancy spell from her) but i didnt see any shortcut to Izalith, nor can i buy spells from that Eggy merchant.. ;/

You can only buy spells from the egg merchant when you're part of the Chaos covenant and have the Egg status. I'll be joining Darkwraith this run as well (i'll try to join all the remaining covenants and get their levels up for gear), but my favourite so far is Chaos. Chaos Fire Storm is an heck of an amazing pyromancy

Well, if I can reach your playthrough progress when you get to Seath, I can try to help you cut off his tail (if we manage to go into a session). Just be prepared, it's going to be a hell of a lot harder this time around, since you won't have any room for mistakes whatsoever.

How much HP does your character have? I'm still a bit low-ish in HP (793 at 20 vitality), so there's a lot of things that can one shot me if i'm not careful.

Current PC Build

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:

You can only buy spells from the egg merchant when you're part of the Chaos covenant and have the Egg status. I'll be joining Darkwraith this run as well (i'll try to join all the remaining covenants and get their levels up for gear), but my favourite so far is Chaos. Chaos Fire Storm is an heck of an amazing pyromancy

Well, if I can reach your playthrough progress when you get to Seath, I can try to help you cut off his tail (if we manage to go into a session). Just be prepared, it's going to be a hell of a lot harder this time around, since you won't have any room for mistakes whatsoever.

How much HP does your character have? I'm still a bit low-ish in HP (793 at 20 vitality), so there's a lot of things that can one shot me if i'm not careful.

i have to have the egg grown first? that explains alot.

my Char has lots of Vitality (:P), dunno the exact number. my Stats are Pretty much 30 stamina, around 50 STR, and around 45ish Vitality.  have around Soul Level 134~.. which is quite a lot i'd say. but yeah, there is much equip and spells still to be bought, which will cost a shitload of souls. I have to admit though that i farmed quite a nice ammount of souls  in Anor Londo (Silver Knights) since i wanted their weapons.,where i grinded a lot of Souls. (they give quite a bunch on NG+)

@Seath's tail; cutting this thing off alone without any help is the last thing i have to do on my Checklist, i guess it will still be a challenge, because - (i think) like last time, his tail attack will oneshot me. but yeah, i'd be more than happy to be able to pull that off on my own. =)

Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:

i have to have the egg grown first? that explains alot.

my Char has lots of Vitality (:P), dunno the exact number. my Stats are Pretty much 30 stamina, around 50 STR, and around 45ish Vitality.  have around Soul Level 134~.. which is quite a lot i'd say. but yeah, there is much equip and spells still to be bought, which will cost a shitload of souls. I have to admit though that i farmed quite a nice ammount of souls  in Anor Londo (Silver Knights) since i wanted their weapons.,where i grinded a lot of Souls. (they give quite a bunch on NG+)

@Seath's tail; cutting this thing off alone without any help is the last thing i have to do on my Checklist, i guess it will still be a challenge, because - (i think) like last time, his tail attack will oneshot me. but yeah, i'd be more than happy to be able to pull that off on my own. =)

45 Vitality?? :-| That's almost 1.3K HP....double than what my character currently has....I really need to start levelling up my Vitality >_>.

Also an heads-up. Spells, miracles and pyromancies accumulate from each previous playthrough. Meaning you can have a lot of copies of the same magic and that will give you extra casts. I wish I had known that on NG since I missed on a lot of spells, but now I'm stocking up on as much as I can. 99 Chaos Fire Storms here I go

The problem with cutting Seath's tail is that the sword only appears after finishing the fight. Meaning you have to cut off the tail and win the fight to get the item. 

Current PC Build

Hey guys as of now I'm soul level 126 if anyone needs assistance with anything feel free to add me on psn! (same name as my vg name)

I really hate it when you're going around the swamps of blightown and someone decides to invade you (and no, it wasn't Mildred ) >_>.

As if I didn't had enough dodging the stone-throwing giants I have to deal with a SOB armed with a Lightning Shotel +5 and a truckload of HP. In the end I killed both the invader and the stone giant in the same hit (with Chaos Great Fireball) but damn was that annoying.

Current PC Build

TONS of slowdown in Blighttown >.>