By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

VXIII said:
Today I was summoned to fight Priscilla, I broke her invisibility spell with my Firestorm, I cut her tail for the hosting guy since he was to afraid to do anything :p, probably the easiest fight .

yeah she's really one of the easiest bosses. Oh by the way, when i've cut her tail of, it had to laugh, since i've just stepped behind her (before the battle started), nd attacked her tail directly -> First hit dropped the item, so i got it with my very first hit. =D

the only thing i am missing is the tail of Seath, but ill do that on NG+.

PS: I could go nerdrage right now, since i didnt know that the option to feed that Snakelike thing (He's awesome xD) is totally worthless, and i feeded him those stone's you get only once per playthrough.. ugh.

My Checklist; Revisit the Tome, revisit Sens Fortress (For the Ring that increases droprate), Kill all the NPCs (Logan vanished.. <.<), .. uhh.. and i guess then it is time to finish this playthrough.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

I've fought a few "bosses"? Idk if they are considered real bosses or not. I have yet to see any huge bosses that give any souls though.

Really good game though. I keep getting killed by ghosts and I have no temps now. No clue how I get through that area. No idea where I get cursed either :/

Wagram said:

I've fought a few "bosses"? Idk if they are considered real bosses or not. I have yet to see any huge bosses that give any souls though.

Really good game though. I keep getting killed by ghosts and I have no temps now. No clue how I get through that area. No idea where I get cursed either :/

there's an item that looks like a Green pair of hands, dunno, its called wanderer's Curse in german, i have no clue how the proper english name is sadly. But i had one of em in my inventory, it enable's you to kill ghosts for.. 2-3 Minutes? if you have one of those, i'd rather use that (Those drop from the ghosts sometimes, i never had a shortage of these, in fact, i went in there with 2, and went out with 15 left!) instead of getting cursed. You can get cursed though (if ya really want) in the sewers (Depths?) by those cute Monster's with those cute yellow eyes.  caution though, getting cursed will kill you first.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
VXIII said:
Today I was summoned to fight Priscilla, I broke her invisibility spell with my Firestorm, I cut her tail for the hosting guy since he was to afraid to do anything :p, probably the easiest fight .

yeah she's really one of the easiest bosses. Oh by the way, when i've cut her tail of, it had to laugh, since i've just stepped behind her (before the battle started), nd attacked her tail directly -> First hit dropped the item, so i got it with my very first hit. =D

PS: I could go nerdrage right now, since i didnt know that the option to feed that Snakelike thing (He's awesome xD) is totally worthless, and i feeded him those stone's you get only once per playthrough.. ugh.

My Checklist; Revisit the Tome, revisit Sens Fortress (For the Ring that increases droprate), Kill all the NPCs (Logan vanished.. <.<), .. uhh.. and i guess then it is time to finish this playthrough.

Did you complete Siegmier of Catarina's quest line? You need to encounter both him and his daughter (the big yellow golem before the crystal caves and always say yes to her. His story events are easy to miss and screw up, but if you do, you're rewarded with a Titanite Slab at the end.

Logan vanished from where, Firelink Shrine or the Library in Dukes Archives? Because if it's the first, he's found on the bottom large cell of Dukes Archives Prison and if it was the library of Dukes Archives (he only does after you buy all the spells from him), he'll go hollow and appear at the place where you fought Seath first (the impossible win fight).

Also the Slabs can be farmed from enemies in game. Titanite Slabs are dropped from the Darkwraiths on New Londo after draining the water, Red Titanite Slabs are dropped from the Yellow-Octoups like enemies in Lost Izalith (the ones found on the poison pit), Blue Titanite Slabs are dropped from the Moonlight Butterflies on Crystal Caves and White Titanite Slabs are dropped from the Skeleton Towers on Tomb of Giants.

@Wargram - The item is called Transient Curse. You can buy them for 4K souls from the Undead Female Merchant on the shortcut linking The Depths and Firelink Shrine. Once you do, you find a lot more as treasure on New Londo, plus it's a common drop for the Ghosts as well. I've got like 20 of them.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
VXIII said:

Did you complete Siegmier of Catarina's quest line? You need to encounter both him and his daughter (the big yellow golem before the crystal caves and always say yes to her. His story events are easy to miss and screw up, but if you do, you're rewarded with a Titanite Slab at the end.

Logan vanished from where, Firelink Shrine or the Library in Dukes Archives? Because if it's the first, he's found on the bottom large cell of Dukes Archives Prison and if it was the library of Dukes Archives (he only does after you buy all the spells from him), he'll go hollow and appear at the place where you fought Seath first (the impossible win fight).

Also the Slabs can be farmed from enemies in game. Titanite Slabs are dropped from the Darkwraiths on New Londo after draining the water, Red Titanite Slabs are dropped from the Yellow-Octoups like enemies in Lost Izalith (the ones found on the poison pit), Blue Titanite Slabs are dropped from the Moonlight Butterflies on Crystal Caves and White Titanite Slabs are dropped from the Skeleton Towers on Tomb of Giants.

@Wargram - The item is called Transient Curse. You can buy them for 4K souls from the Undead Female Merchant on the shortcut linking The Depths and Firelink Shrine. Once you do, you find a lot more as treasure on New Londo, plus it's a common drop for the Ghosts as well. I've got like 20 of them.

I accidentally attacked that damn Merchant. I thought she was trying to kill me so now In eed to save up 36k Souls so she'll start playing nice.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
lestatdark said:

I accidentally attacked that damn Merchant. I thought she was trying to kill me so now In eed to save up 36k Souls so she'll start playing nice.

I almost attacked her as well, then I saw a message on the ground saying she was a merchant .

Absolution fees are extremely steep. I need to pay 180K souls to absolve sins at my level. Thankfully sin doesn't carry to NG+, so I went on a NPC killing rampage before going into the final boss xD (some NPC's drop unique weapons needed for the trophy).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Wagram said:
lestatdark said:

I almost attacked her as well, then I saw a message on the ground saying she was a merchant .

Absolution fees are extremely steep. I need to pay 180K souls to absolve sins at my level. Thankfully sin doesn't carry to NG+, so I went on a NPC killing rampage before going into the final boss xD (some NPC's drop unique weapons needed for the trophy).

Did the same, but i felt damn sad for both my favourite NPCs, the Blacksmith in Anor Londo and the one before the forest. First even sad he liked me.. :,(

Bah, I really want a new weapon. The drake sword is becoming less useful. I really, REALLY wish they had a similar "steel" upgrade like that did in DS as my character is mainly all dex and I don't want to rely on bows. I mainly use daggers as well (I like the bleed, quick hit and massive back stab damage) and there are no S scaling daggers I've seen.

Only decent dagger seems to be Priscilla Dagger and I'm not there yet (where is she exactly? I just rang my second bell, am I far off?). Maybe I'll take my Bandit's Dagger to +15 or something. :( Damn you DkS, you're making my build and play style from DS useless :(

EncodedNybble said:
Bah, I really want a new weapon. The drake sword is becoming less useful. I really, REALLY wish they had a similar "steel" upgrade like that did in DS as my character is mainly all dex and I don't want to rely on bows. I mainly use daggers as well (I like the bleed, quick hit and massive back stab damage) and there are no S scaling daggers I've seen.

Only decent dagger seems to be Priscilla Dagger and I'm not there yet (where is she exactly? I just rang my second bell, am I far off?). Maybe I'll take my Bandit's Dagger to +15 or something. :( Damn you DkS, you're making my build and play style from DS useless :(

Prisiclla's located on the Painted World of Aramis, on Anor Londo. You still have to go through Sen's Fortress to get to Anor Londo, but you'll need the Peculiar Doll item from the Undead Asylum to be able to enter the Painted World.

Current PC Build

can someone tell me where the shortcut is in SENS FORTRESS to UNDEAD PARISH? ive got the cage key and there's supposed to be an elevator cage that takes you to UNDEAD PARISH! i was in ANOR LONDO and my main weapon Broke a Crystal spear +4. so i had to venture all the way back through those pendulum blades to get to the blacksmith to repair it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website