By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

routsounmanman said:
OMG I hate those huge lizards at Lost Izalith so much! They're so cheap, and you have to fight them on the *%#$# lava too!

Melee hardcore more all the way with them XD. Those are actually the lower halves of the Undead Dragons you've been fighting through the game (since their shape is the same as the lower half of the Undead Dragon in the Painted World of Aramis).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
routsounmanman said:
OMG I hate those huge lizards at Lost Izalith so much! They're so cheap, and you have to fight them on the *%#$# lava too!

Melee hardcore more all the way with them XD. Those are actually the lower halves of the Undead Dragons you've been fighting through the game (since their shape is the same as the lower half of the Undead Dragon in the Painted World of Aramis).

You noticed too lol

blkfish92 said:
lestatdark said:
routsounmanman said:

You noticed too lol

Yeah XD. Made me wonder where are all the rest of the upper body parts There must be a ton of Undead Dragons in Lordran.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

The online seems somewhat deserted...

luvtospooge said:

I think it's pretty good, you just need to be a little persistant.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
routsounmanman said:

I tried with Havel's Armor set and my Lighting Spear +5 (most of my weapons are Spears due to low Strength) but Spears require locking as well, not to mention most of my shots going through its legs! This enemy is like the anti-routsounmanman

luvtospooge said:

Well, I'm sure it seems that way but it's not really.  There are messages EVERYWHERE.  Summong may take a while because....

1) You have to leave soul signs "in the sun"

2)  You have to be human to summon

3) You have to be close to the same level as someone to summon them.

Given those criteria, it might be more difficult to find people to summon (or to summon you) than you expect.

luvtospooge said:

It gets better when you reach higher levels. In the final area of the game, there's a lot of PVP/Summoning going on, from levels 70 to 90.

@routsounmanman - Lock-on is nigh impossible with those guys, what I did was forcing them to do the jumping butt stomp or that three foot stomp attack and then do a running attack with my Halberd. Each hit from my Halberd took 430-ish damage from them, so 3 attacks and they were toast.

Current PC Build

There were alot of players on 360 alone, when I was playing it anyway - a lot of ghosts running around, dying, leaving bloodstains all over the place etc.

About to go fight the gaping dragon on my next session, but busy friday so not till tomorrow :(

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Today I was summoned to fight Priscilla, I broke her invisibility spell with my Firestorm, I cut her tail for the hosting guy since he was to afraid to do anything :p, probably the easiest fight .