By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

i am torn right now.. >.< .. i could finish the game right now, all bosses done and stuff, but i've missed some items, and i am sure, if i grind materials a bit, i could do some upgrades before i continue with NG+,.. since i am aiming for the platinum trophy, first one would be the better decision lol, but something inside me wants to kill the last turd. =(

Oh by the way, the german translations are pretty fucked up. xD Normally, i can freely translate stuff and it sounds similar to the english ones, but those are just a pain.
For example, Dark Sun Gwyndowhatever (You know who i mean) is called Darkmoon God Wendelin in german. i mean wtf. =/ (And wtf is Wendelin for a name lol) makes the usage of wiki's pretty tough.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
Crystalchild said:

i am torn right now.. >.< .. i could finish the game right now, all bosses done and stuff, but i've missed some items, and i am sure, if i grind materials a bit, i could do some upgrades before i continue with NG+,.. since i am aiming for the platinum trophy, first one would be the better decision lol, but something inside me wants to kill the last turd. =(

Oh by the way, the german translations are pretty fucked up. xD Normally, i can freely translate stuff and it sounds similar to the english ones, but those are just a pain.
For example, Dark Sun Gwyndowhatever (You know who i mean) is called Darkmoon God Wendelin in german. i mean wtf. =/ (And wtf is Wendelin for a name lol) makes the usage of wiki's pretty tough.

If you're going for platinum, I suggest you start killing off all the NPC's that are still alive in your game, especially the Blacksmiths. Most of them drop unique weapons, like the Giant Blacksmith dropping the Blacksmith Hammer. Plus, you'll get tons of humanity items for your next playthrough. Of course, do this only if you're sure you won't do anything else on this playthrough. 

There are a lot of "hidden" unique weapons such as this. I was messing around on the Dukes Archives and I fell of those rotating stairways into the top of a bookcase which had a chest with the Avelyn, a Repeating Crossbow of doom if you forge it with Lightning. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Summoning the phantom means you can use him as a meatshield, which is pretty useful. What I did is essentially put the non fire breathing one between myself and the fire breathing one and had a 1 on 1, although sometimes the fire can hit you, if you have the guard up it shouldn't do as much of damage, but it's really frustrating, especially if stamina bar is reasonably small, I guess it's just dumb luck, that's how I've managed to pass those bastards in the end.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

lestatdark said:
luvtospooge said:
lestatdark said:
luvtospooge said:
NotStan said:
luvtospooge said:

Man 5 hours in and Im so lost. I don't even know what I am supposed to be doing lol. Im just randomly going around killing guys i can kill and then get killed by other enemies. Im still lvl 15.

Have you done the Taurus demon? Or rang any bells at all yet? ( to gain a rough estimation where you are in the game atm).

No bells yet. Was looking for those and it seems i found one but killing the bell gargoyles is proving to be difficult. I was about to kill one, until another one showed up. Sadistic developpers, I tell you. I have to figure a way to kill 2 at the same time, with the barebone stuffs i have.

I can try to help, what soul level are you? My Sorceror character is at level 18 and I've been using it to help random people. If we're lucky we can get into a session.

Lvl 15. I've put my white stone countless of times but I never got summoned. And yeah encoded I just realised it's doable, since i was able to nearly kill 2 of them at once until i got burnt to a crisp.

Well, if you manage to level up once or twice I might be able to help you. Today I already helped 6 people with the Gargoyles, and was able to summon twice. Also, did you talk to Solaire on the bridge before the Undead Parish? If you do, you can summon his phantom for the battle, which will make things much, much more easy.

Yeah I did talk to him. Although now that you mention it, I think I am still in hollow form. By the way, I got this mystery key and rescued the guy who was in the upper section of the church and he said he would give me a reward. But now that I go back, he is nowhere to be found. Any idea where he is?

luvtospooge said:
lestatdark said:
luvtospooge said:
lestatdark said:
luvtospooge said:
NotStan said:
luvtospooge said:

Man 5 hours in and Im so lost. I don't even know what I am supposed to be doing lol. Im just randomly going around killing guys i can kill and then get killed by other enemies. Im still lvl 15.

Have you done the Taurus demon? Or rang any bells at all yet? ( to gain a rough estimation where you are in the game atm).

No bells yet. Was looking for those and it seems i found one but killing the bell gargoyles is proving to be difficult. I was about to kill one, until another one showed up. Sadistic developpers, I tell you. I have to figure a way to kill 2 at the same time, with the barebone stuffs i have.

I can try to help, what soul level are you? My Sorceror character is at level 18 and I've been using it to help random people. If we're lucky we can get into a session.

Lvl 15. I've put my white stone countless of times but I never got summoned. And yeah encoded I just realised it's doable, since i was able to nearly kill 2 of them at once until i got burnt to a crisp.

Well, if you manage to level up once or twice I might be able to help you. Today I already helped 6 people with the Gargoyles, and was able to summon twice. Also, did you talk to Solaire on the bridge before the Undead Parish? If you do, you can summon his phantom for the battle, which will make things much, much more easy.

Yeah I did talk to him. Although now that you mention it, I think I am still in hollow form. By the way, I got this mystery key and rescued the guy who was in the upper section of the church and he said he would give me a reward. But now that I go back, he is nowhere to be found. Any idea where he is?

He'll be at the Firelink Shrine, in front of Anastacia (on the lower floor from the bonfire). He'll kill her after you ring the second bell and you can hunt him down and avenge her death (and restore her) later in the game.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

FInally killed the gargoyles. The drake sword made it much much easier.

OMG I hate those huge lizards at Lost Izalith so much! They're so cheap, and you have to fight them on the *%#$# lava too!

routsounmanman said:
OMG I hate those huge lizards at Lost Izalith so much! They're so cheap, and you have to fight them on the *%#$# lava too!

Bow or magic =D

blkfish92 said:
routsounmanman said:

Bow or magic =D

I am a sorcerer and I two-shot them with my Soul Spears, it's just that lock on is so problematic with them, dunno why. The lock breaks for no apparent reason, and the spell goes between its legs...

The only somewhat reliable trick I've found is to lure 4-5 of them together, the deal damage to each other

routsounmanman said:
blkfish92 said:
routsounmanman said:

Bow or magic =D

I am a sorcerer and I two-shot them with my Soul Spears, it's just that lock on is so problematic with them, dunno why. The lock breaks for no apparent reason, and the spell goes between its legs...

The only somewhat reliable trick I've found is to lure 4-5 of them together, the deal damage to each other

Very nice, I use my black bow of pharis to lure and snipe them =D