By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

http://thesilentchief.com/2011/10/10/dark-souls-sells-better-on-ps3-in-the-uk/

Dark Souls Sells Better On PS3 In The UK
By Sakinah D
Posted in: PS3News
It looks as if From Software has another hit on the hands.

UK sales of From Software’s spiritual successor to Demon’s Souls are in and according to several sources, the PS3 version is leading the charge. With over 58% of total sales, the PS3 version of Dark Souls moved around 29k copies in it’s few days on the market in the region.

At last check sales of Dark Souls in Japan ( where the title launched as a PS3 exclusive ) were just over 314k since it’s late September debut. North American sales will be available in November, provided by NPD.

Via: Neogaf

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
Ahhhhh, just two more hours and I've finished work for the day and then I can sit down and relax on Dark souls, gaping dragon is next for me! Then I think I'll head to darkroot basin and gardens to farm some souls.

The Gardens are much easier than the Basin and the Giant Stone Soldiers there are easy 300 souls a piece (you've got to watch out for ambushes though, in the area prior to the butterfly). Plus they can drop either the Stone Shield (one of the best shields in the game, but very heavy, 20.0 and needs 38 Str to wield) or the Stone Greatsword (which has a special R2 move when held with both hands that slows enemy movements by 50% for 30 seconds. Be wary, they use this move on you too).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

am at home now, and totally hyped up to kill Ornstein and Smourgh today. =D .. The Bartholomew Song really halps to get hyped again, lol.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

It's really hard to get the crystal lizards on The Great Hollow, since the paths are so damn twisted and branchy >_>.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Ash lake = gorgeusness over 9000 XD

Current PC Build

Around the Network

I started it last night and damn, it wasn't easy. I picked the bandit and I think I'm going to start over as a wanderer.

I got to the bonfire right in front of the demon and just kept going straight to him and kept getting my ass handed to me. It was finally when I died and wasn't able to recover that I finally looked around the courtyard with the bonfire and saw there was another way around. I felt kind of stupid for wasting that 30-45 minutes on that demon. :-p

It was an awesome feeling finally killing him with the dropping blow (though I missed the first time and died >_>).

The two hydras are down and out. Screw the people over at gamefaqs forums saying that the Ash Lake hydra is the same as the Darkroot Basin one. The Ash lake one hits much, much harder than the Basin one >_>

Edit - The Dragon Greatsword really lives up to it's name...though I still need an extra 10 Str to wield it (50 Str needed >_>). For 360 attack (non scaleable, but I've yet to see how much forging increases it's Attack).

Current PC Build

Saw the drake playing possum, run up to him and he spat up on me, I died. Ended up running off and getting about 500 normal arrows(3 souls ea) ones and ended up ranging him to death from a distance - took me a good 250-300 arrows x).

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

lestatdark said:

The two hydras are down and out. Screw the people over at gamefaqs forums saying that the Ash Lake hydra is the same as the Darkroot Basin one. The Ash lake one hits much, much harder than the Basin one >_>

Edit - The Dragon Greatsword really lives up to it's name...though I still need an extra 10 Str to wield it (50 Str needed >_>). For 360 attack (non scaleable, but I've yet to see how much forging increases it's Attack).

dude! when you say hydras do you mean that thing sitting in the lake that fires ice at you in the Darkroot basin? If so how did you kill that? everytime i get in view of it it starts spitting ice balls at me, the only upside to this is it kills the ice golems aswell

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
lestatdark said:

dude! when you say hydras do you mean that thing sitting in the lake that fires ice at you in the Darkroot basin? If so how did you kill that? everytime i get in view of it it starts spitting ice balls at me, the only upside to this is it kills the ice golems aswell

Yeah, it's not that hard to get close to it. If you follow the right side of the path to it, there are a bunch of rocks and some trees you can hide which will block the water spouts that the Hydra fires. Once you're in melee range (the Hydra's melee range, not yours), it will start slamming the heads in your direction. Just put your shield up (make sure it has 100% Damage reduction) and start cutting off those heads. 

The Ash Lake one is even harder, since there's no rocks nor trees to hide from the water spouts and even blocking the heads will do you tons of damage. You'll have to stay mobile and going in and out of melee/water spout range to avoid damage. 

@else - I'm now sporting a Dragon Head of my own after joining the Path of the Dragon covenant. The way the Dragon Eye works really blows though. You have to be summoned by the invaded party >_>. Might just drop the covenant and wait till I reach Darkmoon.

Current PC Build