By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Oh, so someone other than me is playing as a thief too. Although I am not very far in - only had time to clock about two hours on the game so far.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
Crystalchild said:
StokedUp said:
I joined the White covenant by accident (well I didn't know what the covenants were so I just accepted when he asked if I'd join) how do I break it to get out of it? I'd much rather join a different one.

yall break it automatically when you pick another one, or you just erase it by paying a fee to that dood that appeared in the belltower.

@Catagator: Hmh, might be it.. dunno, that fugly face looked just like the cat, so i thought it may br her. xD

edit: My game froze. =(

You might not want to do that if you're already at higher levels, since the fee that you have to pay is based on the formula Level*2000. So if you're level 30 and you want to change covenants, you'd have to pay 60K souls, level 50 and it's a whooping 100K.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
StokedUp said:
I joined the White covenant by accident (well I didn't know what the covenants were so I just accepted when he asked if I'd join) how do I break it to get out of it? I'd much rather join a different one.

yall break it automatically when you pick another one, or you just erase it by paying a fee to that dood that appeared in the belltower.

@Catagator: Hmh, might be it.. dunno, that fugly face looked just like the cat, so i thought it may br her. xD

You might not want to do that if you're already at higher levels, since the fee that you have to pay is based on the formula Level*2000. So if you're level 30 and you want to change covenants, you'd have to pay 60K souls, level 50 and it's a whooping 100K.

so it would be 118k for me.. ugh. xD! when i have the time today, ill retry those suckers i wiped at for four hours in Anor Londo.. they HAVE to die. <.<

tho ill think i rethink my strategy, ill go in there with no armor, since the Problem was, when i hit one of them, i couldnt get away fast enough before the second hit me. I hope the ring ive found will be on help, found it in the forest, which changes the roll animation, and makes evading much more fluid-

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
StokedUp said:

Yeah I read this on the Wiki and it just so happens I'm level 30 so there's not a chance I'm going to pay 60,000 souls to release my oath. Is there any other way to get out of the White covenant??

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
StokedUp said:

Yeah I read this on the Wiki and it just so happens I'm level 30 so there's not a chance I'm going to pay 60,000 souls to release my oath. Is there any other way to get out of the White covenant??

It's either by seeking absolution or by going to another convenant and joining them. Your covenant will change and any progress you had on your previous covenant will be lost by one level.

The second method will put your name on the book of the guilty though.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Got myself a very, very nice Black Knight Halberd from the BK on Darkroot Basin. It's stats are better than the sword (at 36 Str and 18 Dex, I have 300 Att power with it), but it's scalability is worse. My main weapon till I find the sword.

Edit - Havel fell rather quickly thanks to my new BK Halberd. Two 390 piercing attacks and that was all. Now to take on the Hydra.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Got myself a very, very nice Black Knight Halberd from the BK on Darkroot Basin. It's stats are better than the sword (at 36 Str and 18 Dex, I have 300 Att power with it), but it's scalability is worse. My main weapon till I find the sword.

Yeah I managed to get one of them from a BK in UNDEAD BURG, but I'm still unable to hold it because of the strength and dexterity Stats. One question, does putting up you strength stat higher your attack power??

StokedUp said:
lestatdark said:

Yeah I managed to get one of them from a BK in UNDEAD BURG, but I'm still unable to hold it because of the strength and dexterity Stats. One question, does putting up you strength stat higher your attack power??

Each weapon has four different stat that can scale damage. They're Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence and Faith (by this order). You'll usually see some letters besides them, like E,D,C,B or A. The better the letter, the more damage it scales from that stat.

Current PC Build

What the hell were those giant cat things? >_>. They ganged up on me first, three against one and their little s***** rolling furrie attack >_>.

Got my vengence the second time though xD

Found the Dusk of Oolacile set, my Depraved female now looks like a Royal XD. Not much to be considered Depraved anymore

Current PC Build

Ahhhhh, just two more hours and I've finished work for the day and then I can sit down and relax on Dark souls, gaping dragon is next for me! Then I think I'll head to darkroot basin and gardens to farm some souls.