By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:
ive just gotten through the sewers, and I also got cursed!
So im soul level 30 and currently cursed! do i stand any chance beating the GAPING DRAGON? i tryed it once and it hit me once and finished me!
also how do you get the black knight sword?

You can beat the Gaping Dragon even cursed, you just have to be careful and only attack him when he's moving around with the upper body down. You can beat the dragon without being hit once. Also, don't forget to cut off his tail for an unique weapon (which I missed, sadly). 

Black Knight Sword is an uncommon drop from the Black Knights.

as is the Black Knights Spear.. and i didnt get it. Q_Q (Killed all the blackknights in Anor Londo.. easilly 20.) .. btw.. 3 Black Knights, Me, and a tiny Room = Holy Fuqk. but i did it xD!

edit: apparently, All the Black Knight in here respawn, which means its a nice farming spot for both their wpns and Souls. (900 each)

Respawnable Black Knights, now that is good news . I was afraid they were one time only in every place.

@VXIII - His moves are different from the first fight? I noticed he carried a different weapon.

The bastard casts flames , that's the difference xD , he isn't a problem though , you should kill him easily .

Around the Network

i just got the black knight halberd spear, but not strong enough to hold it, its 230 default physical attack,

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:
So im soul level 30 and currently cursed! do i stand any chance beating the GAPING DRAGON? i tryed it once and it hit me once and finished me!

You can beat the Gaping Dragon even cursed, you just have to be careful and only attack him when he's moving around with the upper body down. You can beat the dragon without being hit once. Also, don't forget to cut off his tail for an unique weapon (which I missed, sadly). 

as is the Black Knights Spear.. and i didnt get it. Q_Q (Killed all the blackknights in Anor Londo.. easilly 20.) .. btw.. 3 Black Knights, Me, and a tiny Room = Holy Fuqk. but i did it xD!

edit: apparently, All the Black Knight in here respawn, which means its a nice farming spot for both their wpns and Souls. (900 each)

Respawnable Black Knights, now that is good news . I was afraid they were one time only in every place.

@VXIII - His moves are different from the first fight? I noticed he carried a different weapon.

The bastard casts flames , that's the difference xD , he isn't a problem though , you should kill him easily .

Well, the Crimsom&Tattered set mix-up + the Dragon Crest Shield can help me mitigate any kind of fire attack (it saved my ass with Quelaag with the AOE attack, as 180 Fire Resistance and 85% Fire reduction allowed me to survive it).

I'll definitely give it a go once I get back to the game xD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

Well, the Crimsom&Tattered set mix-up + the Dragon Crest Shield can help me mitigate any kind of fire attack (it saved my ass with Quelaag with the AOE attack, as 180 Fire Resistance and 85% Fire reduction allowed me to survive it).

Where did you get that from ?

VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

In Blightown, if you go up in the path of the wheel, you'll reach the Valley of Drakes. Going a bit to the right in the Valley, you'll find the Undead Dragon playing possum (be careful, if you approach the items near his mouth, he'll do a bite and it will OHKO you, even if you put your shield up).

You must kill him to be able to grab the Dragon Crest Shield, which is easy, since he'll do two attacks if you keep to his sides. One is a poison breath attack (which builds up slowly) and the other is a swipe with his claw, which is also OHKO. You can rush to his face between breath attacks and take potshots at his health, or stay in the side and pelter him with arrows/bolts until he dies. He'll drop 3K souls and a Dragon Scale.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

In Blightown, if you go up in the path of the wheel, you'll reach the Valley of Drakes. Going a bit to the right in the Valley, you'll find the Undead Dragon playing possum (be careful, if you approach the items near his mouth, he'll do a bite and it will OHKO you, even if you put your shield up).

You must kill him to be able to grab the Dragon Crest Shield, which is easy, since he'll do two attacks if you keep to his sides. One is a poison breath attack (which builds up slowly) and the other is a swipe with his claw, which is also OHKO. You can rush to his face between breath attacks and take potshots at his health, or stay in the side and pelter him with arrows/bolts until he dies. He'll drop 3K souls and a Dragon Scale.

hey, i got his sheild without even killing the dragon, i used the master key to get down to the valley of drakes (im a thief class) i was walking down the ledges and came across the dragon sleeping, i just ran to the items quick  im picked them up then rolled out the way. i havnt been using it though.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

hey, i got his sheild without even killing the dragon, i used the master key to get down to the valley of drakes (im a thief class) i was walking down the ledges and came across the dragon sleeping, i just ran to the items quick  im picked them up then rolled out the way. i havnt been using it though.

makes two thiefes on VGC then, huh? =)

did it the same way btw.

@else:

3rd death by that certain boss.. i still think they're amazing. ^_^

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

StokedUp said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

I don't think my character was fast enough for that, because I approached the items and the dragon got up and bited me before I got away. I've seen that he also does the swipe instead of the bite sometimes when he's awakening, so that's probably a bigger window of opportunity to get the items.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
routsounmanman said:
I beat Queelag easily the second time. I turned human and summoned the offline Phantom just outside. I Soul Arrowed her butt

Meh, you gave in into summoning  

But seriously, you probably did the most intelligent thing. I was undead (i'm trying to save my humanity for later), so she was always on my butt (plus I didn't have any spell nor bolts to use xD).

I had to, since I was 2-shoted by her due to my measly 14 Endurance, 10 Resistance and 12 Vitality. Also, me being a Sorcerer demands keeping a distance and casting spells but she was constantly in my butt! Anyways, even she was nothing to Capra Demon and the 2 &%$^%# dogs, I died at least 20 times to them >_<

So, after this, where should I go? I tried New Londo Ruins, and got to a dead end, also couldn't use Black orb eye to restore my Flame Keeper

PS: I got lucky and got Black Knight Sword early on, pity that I have a Strength of 14

PS2: I also hit the Bell Gargoyle's tail by accident on my first try and dropped the Axe, but I died before getting it >_>

routsounmanman said:
lestatdark said:
routsounmanman said:
I beat Queelag easily the second time. I turned human and summoned the offline Phantom just outside. I Soul Arrowed her butt

Meh, you gave in into summoning  

But seriously, you probably did the most intelligent thing. I was undead (i'm trying to save my humanity for later), so she was always on my butt (plus I didn't have any spell nor bolts to use xD).

I had to, since I was 2-shoted by her due to my measly 14 Endurance, 10 Resistance and 12 Vitality. Also, me being a Sorcerer demands keeping a distance and casting spells but she was constantly in my butt! Anyways, even she was nothing to Capra Demon and the 2 &%$^%# dogs, I died at least 20 times to them >_<

So, after this, where should I go? I tried New Londo Ruins, and got to a dead end, also couldn't use Black orb eye to restore my Flame Keeper

PS: I got lucky and got Black Knight Sword early on, pity that I have a Strength of 14

PS2: I also hit the Bell Gargoyle's tail by accident on my first try and dropped the Axe, but I died before getting it >_>

Hey you have more Vitality than me I'm still at my initial 11 Vitality for my Depraved XD. 

Well, the story points you to Sen's fortress (which is located near the Blacksmith on Undead Parish), but you probably don't want to tackle it as the ramp of difficulty is pretty high from what I've gathered. You could go to Darkroot Gardens or The Great Hollow to get some levels and equipment or revisit the Undead Asylum (which is what I'm going to do myself). 

Capra Demon was pretty easy for me (one shotted it), you just had to take care of the dogs first since they were the major threat in the battle. If you left them alive then it was a quick death for you. 

Well, you didn't miss much, I thought the Gargoyle Tail Axe was a good weapon, but it's meh-ish in terms of stats and scalability. It's strength is in the range, since it has an ever longer reach than a Greataxe or Two-Handed Sword, but with the handling of a normal Axe. 

Current PC Build