By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

ive just gotten through the sewers, and I also got cursed!
So im soul level 30 and currently cursed! do i stand any chance beating the GAPING DRAGON? i tryed it once and it hit me once and finished me!
also how do you get the black knight sword?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
Crystalchild said:
VXIII said:

Has anyone tried to go on after defeating the boss of BlighTown, in that lava zone, you get Capra and Taurus demons as the basic enemies :/.

Img

Hey !, you look like me except for the sword :p , I got Black Night Sword+2 (280 Attack power , STR at 21 )

How's the Scalability of the Black Knight Sword with STR, B,C or D? My current STR is 36 and I'm aiming for 50 before I start building up Vitality&Endurance.

@Crystalchild - For me it has been Quelaag, but only because the rest of the bosses were too easy. 

C for STR and E for DEX: ( 18 DEX is required though )

Black Knight Sword
205/0/0/100
60/10/40/40
20/18/-/-
C/E/-/-

I upgraded it using Twinkling Titanites, you can get 3  easily by trading cheap stuff with the crow ( 2 Crimson Moss Ball , 2 Purple Moss Clump , Blooming Purple Moss Clump ) but it only work once .

VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:

Hey !, you look like me except for the sword :p , I got Black Night Sword+2 (280 Attack power , STR at 21 )

How's the Scalability of the Black Knight Sword with STR, B,C or D? My current STR is 36 and I'm aiming for 50 before I start building up Vitality&Endurance.

@Crystalchild - For me it has been Quelaag, but only because the rest of the bosses were too easy. 

C for STR and E for DEX:

Black Knight Sword
205/0/0/100
60/10/40/40
20/18/-/-
C/E/-/-

I upgraded it using Twinkling Titanites, you can get 3  easily by trading cheap stuff with the crow ( 2 Crimson Moss Ball , 2 Purple Moss Clump , Blooming Purple Moss Clump ) but it only work once .

Nice, I've already have 2 Twinkling Titanites, so those trades will boost me up to 4 and the Crystal Lizard on Darkroot Garden to 5  

Now I just need one Black Knight Sword drop >_>. That C boost will do wonders with 50 STR XD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

StokedUp said:
So im soul level 30 and currently cursed! do i stand any chance beating the GAPING DRAGON? i tryed it once and it hit me once and finished me!

You can beat the Gaping Dragon even cursed, you just have to be careful and only attack him when he's moving around with the upper body down. You can beat the dragon without being hit once. Also, don't forget to cut off his tail for an unique weapon (which I missed, sadly). 

Black Knight Sword is an uncommon drop from the Black Knights.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:

C for STR and E for DEX:

Black Knight Sword
205/0/0/100
60/10/40/40
20/18/-/-
C/E/-/-

Nice, I've already have 2 Twinkling Titanites, so those trades will boost me up to 4 and the Crystal Lizard on Darkroot Garden to 5  

Now I just need one Black Knight Sword drop >_>. That C boost will do wonders with 50 STR XD.

Go back to the Undead Asylum and kill the Kinghts , I got it there , 18 DEX is requird for the sword ( Edited the first post ).

Around the Network
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:

C for STR and E for DEX:

Black Knight Sword
205/0/0/100
60/10/40/40
20/18/-/-
C/E/-/-

Go back to the Undead Asylum and kill the Kinghts , I got it there , 18 DEX is requird for the sword ( Edited the first post ).

I'll just need to drop 2 points into Dex then, mine's currently sitting at 16. I might look into going to the Undead Asylum first, before going into the Great Hollow. Is the Asylum Demon much harder the second time?

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

You can beat the Gaping Dragon even cursed, you just have to be careful and only attack him when he's moving around with the upper body down. You can beat the dragon without being hit once. Also, don't forget to cut off his tail for an unique weapon (which I missed, sadly). 

as is the Black Knights Spear.. and i didnt get it. Q_Q (Killed all the blackknights in Anor Londo.. easilly 20.) .. btw.. 3 Black Knights, Me, and a tiny Room = Holy Fuqk. but i did it xD!

edit: apparently, All the Black Knight in here respawn, which means its a nice farming spot for both their wpns and Souls. (900 each)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:

C for STR and E for DEX:

Black Knight Sword
205/0/0/100
60/10/40/40
20/18/-/-
C/E/-/-

I'll just need to drop 2 points into Dex then, mine's currently sitting at 16. I might look into going to the Undead Asylum first, before going into the Great Hollow. Is the Asylum Demon much harder the second time?

You just need to get close and be fast to run around him , get away and your dead in a matter of seconds, that's why he killed me like 7 times :p, not really that hard once you know how he moves.

Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

as is the Black Knights Spear.. and i didnt get it. Q_Q (Killed all the blackknights in Anor Londo.. easilly 20.) .. btw.. 3 Black Knights, Me, and a tiny Room = Holy Fuqk. but i did it xD!

edit: apparently, All the Black Knight in here respawn, which means its a nice farming spot for both their wpns and Souls. (900 each)

Respawnable Black Knights, now that is good news . I was afraid they were one time only in every place.

@VXIII - His moves are different from the first fight? I noticed he carried a different weapon.

Current PC Build

Just found my new favourite boss. ^_^ got my ass handed to me, but i was able to actually find a way to beat them (so i hope), but i burned my flasks somewhere on the way to them.

Damn amazing. :D

@ASYLUM:

actually, the boss was a joke. he needed two hits to kill me, but the pattern is so easy to learn.
there are two 'explosions' he can make, one is when you hit him, hell jump up, and fall back down with his fartplosion, and if youre to far away, hell hit his weapon in your direction, which will then explode. i just sticked close to him, und rolled back 2-3 times when je jumped up.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!