By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

@all: What was the hardest boss you fought so far? IMO, it was Sif, since that Fox is really quick, even though he doesnt do that much damage per hit, he gets u multiple times, and healing has to be well planned when fighting him.. great battle. =)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
VXIII said:
Crystalchild said:
VXIII said:

Has anyone tried to go on after defeating the boss of BlighTown, in that lava zone, you get Capra and Taurus demons as the basic enemies :/.

Hey !, you look like me except for the sword :p , I got Black Night Sword+2 (280 Attack power , STR at 21 )

How's the Scalability of the Black Knight Sword with STR, B,C or D? My current STR is 36 and I'm aiming for 50 before I start building up Vitality&Endurance.

@Crystalchild - For me it has been Quelaag, but only because the rest of the bosses were too easy. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
Crystalchild said:
VXIII said:

Has anyone tried to go on after defeating the boss of BlighTown, in that lava zone, you get Capra and Taurus demons as the basic enemies :/.

Hey !, you look like me except for the sword :p , I got Black Night Sword+2 (280 Attack power , STR at 21 )

How's the Scalability of the Black Knight Sword with STR, B,C or D? My current STR is 36 and I'm aiming for 50 before I start building up Vitality&Endurance.

@Crystalchild - For me it has been Quelaag, but only because the rest of the bosses were too easy. 

Omg, were you in Anor Londo yet? Those Black Knight Arches are so cheap. Died SEVENTEEN Times there now. =( this is almost the ammount of all my deaths before that place. -_-

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:
VXIII said:
Crystalchild said:
VXIII said:

Omg, were you in Anor Londo yet? Those Black Knight Arches are so cheap. Died SEVENTEEN Times there now. =( this is almost the ammount of all my deaths before that place. -_-

Haven't been anywhere since defeating Quelaag. I'm trying to go back to the Blacksmith to repair my equipment and I'll probably go to either The Great Hollow or Darkroot Garden afterwards.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

For Wanderer should I just focus on Dex and Str. Also I was wondering more in lines with the distribution of my souls e.g. For every level 3 levels I up in Dex I pour in 1 level in Str.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network
Kamal said:
For Wanderer should I just focus on Dex and Str. Also I was wondering more in lines with the distribution of my souls e.g. For every level 3 levels I up in Dex I pour in 1 level in Str.

It depends on your play style and what type of weapons will you be using the most. Spear-type weapons, straight swords, bows and the such use more of the Dexterity stat for scalability in weapons and such, but you shouldn't neglect the Str stat if you want to equip better shields as you go along. 

3 Dex and 1 Str seems to be a good build up, but 20-24 Str should be more than enough for a Dex build.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Kamal said:

It depends on your play style and what type of weapons will you be using the most. Spear-type weapons, straight swords, bows and the such use more of the Dexterity stat for scalability in weapons and such, but you shouldn't neglect the Str stat if you want to equip better shields as you go along. 

3 Dex and 1 Str seems to be a good build up, but 20-24 Str should be more than enough for a Dex build.

Thanks man, we should just call you lesthefuckingkingsouls for now.

What covenants is everyone thinking of joining?

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

I beat Queelag easily the second time. I turned human and summoned the offline Phantom just outside. I Soul Arrowed her butt

Kamal said:
lestatdark said:
Kamal said:

Thanks man, we should just call you lesthefuckingkingsouls for now.

What covenants is everyone thinking of joining?

ROFL nah, I just take a lot of notes while playing (plus it helps that I'm playing two very different builds and I'll probably start a Magic only build, either Pyro or Sorcerer in a couple of days). 

Probably i'll join Path of the Dragon (for the epic awesomeness that is becoming a Dragon-like humanoid) or Blade of the Darkmoon.

Current PC Build

routsounmanman said:
I beat Queelag easily the second time. I turned human and summoned the offline Phantom just outside. I Soul Arrowed her butt

Meh, you gave in into summoning  

But seriously, you probably did the most intelligent thing. I was undead (i'm trying to save my humanity for later), so she was always on my butt (plus I didn't have any spell nor bolts to use xD).

Current PC Build