By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

lestatdark said:

Could it be the bug/glitch described here? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60242926. I have yet to experience it myself, but it does sound rather odd. 

I've never seen such animation, only time I've ever pommeled someone in the ground was after grounding them with a 2H Great Club and doing the leaping attack which turned into a pommel.

Hmmm don't think that's it. It was a legit riposte animation, but a different one. I couldn't find a single piece of info on any alternative riposte techniques. I don't get it =/

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

Strong Magic Shield ... what the hell

I refuse to use that thing

So, any particular reason why I can't "magic weapon" or use any of the resins on my bandit's dagger?

EncodedNybble said:
So, any particular reason why I can't "magic weapon" or use any of the resins on my bandit's dagger?

You can't upgrade it via any elemental path as well. Probably it's counted as a special type weapon, such as the BK weapons.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

EncodedNybble said:

Looks like an oversight, kinda how you can enchant the Dragon greataxe but not the greatsword.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

Hm, if I kill Solaire early do I still get his equips?

The song in the final fight is pretty epic.

What are your stats people?

blkfish92 said:
Hm, if I kill Solaire early do I still get his equips?

Yup. You can kill him anytime after NG+ starts, since he doesn't move from his inital spot for some reason (there's no way to do his quest line in NG+). 

@Luvtospooge - My stats are:

Level -> 193
HP -> 1590
Stamina -> 192
Vitality -> 40
Attunement -> 12
Endurance -> 60
Strength -> 60
Dexterity -> 18
Resistance -> 11
Intelligence -> 25
Faith -> 48
Humanity -> 30

Left Hand -> Grass Crest Shield/Ivory Talisman
Right Hand -> Black Knight Greataxe +5/Pyromancy Flame (ascended) +5
Head -> Havel's Helm
Body -> Havel's Armor
Arms -> Havel's Gauntlets
Legs -> Havel's Leggings
Rings -> Havel's Ring/Ring of Favor and Protection

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

What is a good weapon to ascend to a divine weapon?